Get a summary of new WooCommerce orders delivered automatically via Gmail, Evernote or Slack using Digest by Zapier.
Requirements ↑ Back to top
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the WooCommerce Zapier .zip file from your WooCommerce,com account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Sign up for a Zapier account ↑ Back to top
- Go to the Zapier website
- Select the Sign Up for Free button or enter info in the form.
Or log into your existing Zapier account.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
To set up a scheduled summary of new orders to be delivered automagically at a time you choose:
- Log into your Zapier account at: zapier.com/app/login
- Enter Digest in the Search for any app name field.
- Select Digest by Zapier.
- Scroll down to Popular Zaps for Digest by Zapier.
Select Get a summary of new WooCommerce orders in a Slack channel. A new window opens.
- Click Create this zap.
- Select Continue to create a Woo Trigger.
This takes you to a Test WooCommerce screen.
- Select Copy to clipboard to get URL for next step. Don’t close window.
- Go to WooCommerce > Zapier Feeds > Add New on your WordPress/WooCommerce site.
- Select New Order
- Paste Webhook URL that you copied from the Test WooCommerce screen in previous step
- Enter a Title, e.g., New Order Summary, Daily Summary of New Sales, etc.
10. Publish. You should see a message at the top: This Zapier Feed is active and ready to receive real data.
- Go back to the Test WooCommerce screen on your Zapier account, and click OK, I did this.
You should see a Test Successful message, and click Continue.
- Click Continue again on the Digest by Zapier Action page.
- Set up Digest by Zapier Digest.
- Enter a Title, which can be same as/different than step ##
- Customize style the line items in Entry (optional). Zapier provides a formatting guide. Line items are entered by default, are required and stay the same.
- Select a Frequency from the dropdown. Depending on what you select, another set of options will display. For example, if you choose Daily, time of day and weekend preferences are requested; if you choose Weekly, day of week, time of day, etc.
- Select whether to test (Create & Continue) or not test (Skip Test & Continue) the Digest you set up.
A Test Successful message should appear when choosing to Test. You can also View Your Digest before clicking Continue.
- Set up the Slack Action by selecting Continue, and then Connect a New Account on the Select screen.
Zapier will request access to Slack.
16. Authorize Zapier to access your Slack team.
17. Save + Continue once the Slack channel/account is added. Or Connect another account.
- Set up your Slack Channel Message. Continue when finished.
- Select a Slack channel from the dropdown where you want to receive the summary (Digest) of WooCommerce orders
- Customize the Message Text or leave the default
- All other fields are optional and explained
- Select whether to test (Create & Continue) or not test (Skip Test & Continue) the Slack bot you set up.
A Test Successful message should appear on the Zapier screen.
And a new message with WooCommerce order summary (Digest) should display in the Slack channel you selected.
- Click Finish on the Zapier Test Slack screen.
- Turn On the zap you set up.
FAQ ↑ Back to top
My summary (Digest) isn’t being delivered at the time/day I selected. ↑ Back to top
Log into your Zapier account, go to Zaps and review your settings. Also verify that your Zap is turned on.
How do I get a summary sent to my Gmail account or Evernote? ↑ Back to top
New guides will be written to assist you and linked here.
What else can I do with Digest by Zapier? ↑ Back to top
Questions & Feedback ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.