VCS Virtual Terminal – Direct for WooCommerce is a payment gateway that connects via the “Host-to-Host” method, allowing you to capture credit card details and submit to VCS for processing.
Note that 3D Secure is not supported when processing transactions in this way.
Requirements↑ Back to top
- An active VCS Virtual Terminal account from www.vcs.co.za
- An SSL certificate
- South African Rand set as your store currency
- VCS must enable hash checking
Installation↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration↑ Back to top
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > VCS – Direct.
- Select and enter your options:
- The “Title” option allows you to determine what your customers will see this payment option displayed as. You might choose this to be something like “Pay by Credit Card”.
- Tick “Enable VCS Direct”.
- Leave the default “VCS Host-to-host URL” URL value.
- Input your Terminal ID supplied by VCS into the “Merchant Identity” field.
- Input your “Personal Authentication Message” (PAM) as per your VCS virtual terminal setting into the “Merchant PAM” field.
- For debugging purposes you have the option of checking “Enable logging”
- Save changes.
Troubleshooting↑ Back to top
Transaction failed due to no hash value being returned from VCS.↑ Back to top
Contact VCS and verify that they enabled hash checking for your account and are sending the hash in their response.
Transaction failed due to hash value mismatch.↑ Back to top
Contact VCS and verify that they are using the same Personal Authentication Message (PAM) value that you set in your Admin screen’s Merchant PAM field.