VCS Virtual Terminal – Direct for WooCommerce is a payment gateway that connects via the “Host-to-Host” method, allowing you to capture credit card details and submit to VCS for processing.
Note that 3D Secure is not supported when processing transactions in this way.
- An active VCS Virtual Terminal account from www.vcs.co.za
- An SSL certificate
- South African Rand set as your store currency
- VCS must enable hash checking
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > VCS – Direct.
- Select and enter your options:
- The “Title” option allows you to determine what your customers will see this payment option displayed as. You might choose this to be something like “Pay by Credit Card”.
- Tick “Enable VCS Direct”.
- Leave the default “VCS Host-to-host URL” URL value.
- Input your Terminal ID supplied by VCS into the “Merchant Identity” field.
- Input your “Personal Authentication Message” (PAM) as per your VCS virtual terminal setting into the “Merchant PAM” field.
- For debugging purposes you have the option of checking “Enable logging”
- Save changes.
Contact VCS and verify that they enabled hash checking for your account and are sending the hash in their response.
Contact VCS and verify that they are using the same Personal Authentication Message (PAM) value that you set in your Admin screen’s Merchant PAM field.