Subscribe new WooCommerce customers to a MailChimp list with Zapier.
- WordPress website with WooCommerce installed
- MailChimp account
- Zapier account
Prepare your accounts↑ Back to top
Install Zapier: To connect your WooCommerce store to Zapier, ensure that you have the WooCommerce Zapier extension installed. Learn more about integrating WooCommerce and Zapier at Getting Started with Zapier and WooCommerce.
Select or create a MailChimp list: To link MailChimp to WooCommerce using Zapier, you need a list to subscribe customers to. Learn more about integrating MailChimp and Zapier at Getting Started with Zapier and MailChimp and Creating a New List.
Note: MailChimp requires an Email Address to add a contact.
Connect your accounts↑ Back to top
To subscribe new WooCommerce customers to a MailChimp list, you need to connect your WooCommerce store to MailChimp.
1. Copy and paste the provided URL into the Webhook URL field on your WordPress dashboard.
2. Click the Ok, continue button.
3. Log in using your MailChimp Username and Password or select an already connected MailChimp account to connect Zapier to your MailChimp account.
4. Click Allow, when Zapier requests access.
5. Select the List you wish to subscribe WooCommerce customers to. Then match the email field from WooCommerce with the email field in MailChimp.
6. Click Save + Finish to complete the Zap.
7. Test the Zap to make sure it works.
Once you’re satisfied, new WooCommerce customers are ready to be subscribed to your MailChimp list.
FAQ↑ Back to top
Can I use this to add previous customers?↑ Back to top
No. This method does not retroactively add past or existing customers. To accomplish this, you need to import them. More info at: Import Subscribers to a List.
How do I make changes?↑ Back to top
If you want to alter the MailChimp and WooCommerce integration, go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you wish.
What else can I do with WooCommerce on Zapier?↑ Back to top
Check out everything that’s possible with WooCommerce on Zapier, plus other ways to connect MailChimp and WooCommerce.