Affiliate for WooCommerce plugin helps you to add, manage affiliates, and track performance from a single place – commissions, sales, payouts, leaderboard, etc. Earn money without hard work. Increase your brand outreach, and get potential customers.
It may happen that when your affiliates promote your product, someone lands on your website through it but without that referral link and purchase the product. In such a case or any other where referral links are not recorded, you need to manually assign that order to the desired affiliate.
Or, in cases like self-referrals, you need to unassign an order from that affiliate.
So, this doc explains how you (store owner) can manually assign / unassign an order to an affiliate.
- Go to WooCommerce > Orders. Add or edit an order.
- Locate the ‘Affiliate details’ section.
- You will find a search box below ‘Assign to affiliate’ to select the affiliate and assign the order. Search for the affiliate using their affiliate user ID or their full email address.
- Select that affiliate once it appears.
- Click on ‘Update’ or ‘Create’ under Order actions.
That’s it. You have assigned that order to the affiliate. The affiliate commission will be automatically calculated and updated once the order is updated.
- Go to WooCommerce > Orders. Locate and edit the order.
- Locate the ‘Affiliate details’ section. You will find the affiliate linked to that order below ‘Assign to affiliate’.
- Click on the ‘cross x’ icon next to the affiliate name to remove the affiliate linked to that order.
- Click on ‘Update’ under Order actions.
That’s it. You have unassigned that order from the affiliate.
Note – if a commission is already paid for an order, it won’t be possible to unassign that order from an affiliate.
If you are using WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin and want to assign an existing subscription to an affiliate, then you can link a subscription’s parent order to the affiliate following the above steps.
And after that, all the upcoming renewals will be automatically assigned to that affiliate (provided you have enabled the setting ‘Issue recurring commission?’ as explained here).
Please note, if a renewal order is already created for a subscription, then the above method will not assign an affiliate to that renewal order. You will need to manually assign it.