Overview↑ Back to top
The WooCommerce Checkout (Finland) Payment Gateway plugin extends WooCommerce, allowing you to take payments via the Checkout.fi payment portal. You need to register for a contract with Checkout.fi to use this plugin.
Heads up! We’ve retired this plugin in favor of Paytrail for WooCommerce. Now that Checkout.fi has merged with Paytrail, they’re offering a new service with an improved payment platform and comprehensive range of payment methods. Learn more here.
If you are an existing Checkout.fi customer, you can continue to use this plugin to process your payments until the Checkout.fi service is discontinued in August 2022. We’re migrating you to the new plugin before then to avoid disruptions to your payment processing.
Please update your plugin and follow the migration instructions. Click here for details about the migration process.
Requirements↑ Back to top
- A Checkout Finland account
- PHP 5.6+ (You can see this under WooCommerce > Status)
- An SSL certificate
- Your store’s currency must be set to “Euro (€)”
Installation↑ Back to top
- Ensure your store meets the plugin requirements.
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click Install Now and then Activate.
- Click Configure and read the next section to learn how to setup the plugin.
Getting Started↑ Back to top
First, you must log in to your Checkout Finland account and copy your Merchant ID and Merchant Secret. These are necessary to link your Checkout Finland account to this plugin. You’ll save this information on the plugin settings page.
To begin using the Checkout.fi payment gateway, you must first connect the plugin to your Checkout Finland account. Find your Merchant ID and Merchant Secret in your Checkout Finland account and setup the plugin to begin accepting payments.
Extension Settings↑ Back to top
You can configure the plugin from WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Checkout.fi.
- Enable / Disable – This will enable the gateway to be used by customers to checkout.
- Title – This is the text shown for the payment during checkout and on the Order Received page.
- Description – This is the text shown under the title during checkout. Limited HTML is allowed. If you enable test mode, this section will also display a notice along with test credit card numbers.
- Debug Mode – Enable when you’re having issues processing transactions. You can choose to log API requests directly on the checkout page, save them to the WooCommerce > Status > Logs page, or both. As a best practice, please do not enable this setting unless you’re having issues with the plugin.
- Merchant ID – This is the ID assigned to you by Checkout.fi and can be found by logging in to your Checkout.fi account
- Merchant Secret – Enter the Checkout.fi Merchant Secret password from your Checkout.fi account.
- Adult Entertainment – Check this box if you are selling products that are categorized as ‘adult entertainment’.
Test Credentials↑ Back to top
You can test the plugin with the following test credentials:
- Merchant ID: 375917
- Merchant Secret: SAIPPUAKAUPPIAS
Checkout Flow↑ Back to top
To checkout using Checkout.fi, a customer must select this option on the checkout page:
When Checkout is selected, the customer will be given a list of available checkout methods to select from:
Once the customer selects a payment method, the customer is directed to the bank / payment processors website to complete the purchase. After the needed information (such as PINs or passwords) has been entered, the payment will be processed and customers can be redirected to your website.
Troubleshooting↑ Back to top
Having trouble? Follow these steps to make sure everything is setup correctly before posting a support request:
- Check that your Merchant ID and Merchant Secret are correct.
- Double-check that your Merchant ID and Merchant Secret are correct.
- Enable only WooCommerce and Checkout.fi using a WordPress default theme to see if the issue persists.
- Enable Debug Mode in the plugin settings and review the error codes/messages provided by Checkout.fi payment portal. If the error points to an issue with the plugin, please submit a support ticket and include the logs to help us troubleshoot.
Frequently Asked Questions↑ Back to top
Q: WooCommerce 2.2 added the ability to process automatic refunds. Does this gateway support automatic refunds?
A: Unfortunately refunds via the API (from WooCommerce) are not possible with Checkout.fi. We are following the developer documentation for updates and will add this to the roadmap if it becomes possible in the future.
Questions & Support↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with support via the help desk.