This document lists some popular official extensions and free plugins that add more functionality to Product Bundles.
Free Mini-Extensions ↑ Back to top
To install a free mini-extension:
- Download it.
- Ensure you have the latest version of WooCommerce and WooCommerce Product Bundles installed.
- Go to WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin at the top.
- Choose File and select the .zip file you downloaded in Step 1.
- Click Install Now and Activate the mini-extension.
Product Bundles – Bulk Discounts ↑ Back to top
Product Bundles – Bulk Discounts introduces dynamic pricing rules and bulk quantity discounts to Product Bundles. Use this free mini-extension to offer higher discounts to customers who purchase more items in a Product Bundle.
Compared to rule-based or coupon-based approaches, Product Bundles with dynamic pricing rules are:
- Visible. Each Product Bundle is an individual WooCommerce product with its own catalog page, which can be shared or embedded using shortcodes.
- Trackable. You can use WooCommerce product sales/earnings reports to find out how your bundles are performing.
- Easier to set up. Rule-based discount plugins are harder to set up and require a higher up-front investment.
How It Works
To add bulk discounts to a Product Bundle, first install and activate Product Bundles – Bulk Discounts. Then, navigate to Product Data > Bundled Products and use the Bulk discounts field to define discount tiers.
Discount tiers are “rules” that associate quantities with discounts. Each rule consists of two parts, separated by a pipe
- A quantity value or range of values, e.g.
1 - 5,
- A discount value expressed in %, e.g.
Quantities can be entered in either:
- quantity range format – e.g.
1 - 5,
- single quantity format – e.g.
- “equal to or higher” format e.g.
For example, consider this ruleset:
4 - 5 |10 6 - 9 | 15 10 + | 20
This means that:
- If 4-5 items are chosen, the discount is 10%.
- If 6-9 items are chosen, the discount is bumped to 15%.
- If 10 or more items are chosen, the discount goes up to 20%.
When a Product Bundle with bulk discounts is configured, the applicable discount is dynamically calculated and displayed, along with the subtotal and total after discount:
→ Download Product Bundles – Bulk Discounts.
Product Bundles – Variation Bundles ↑ Back to top
Product Bundles – Variation Bundles is a free mini-extension for Product Bundles that allows you to map variations to non-configurable Product Bundles.
The plugin is useful if, for example, you:
- Want to bundle together Hoodies and T-Shirts, and need a way to let customers choose their Size once, and then add the right Bundle to their cart.
- Are selling wine in bottles, boxes or pallets, and have created the box and pallet using Product Bundles. Now, you need a way to let customers choose a single bottle, a box, or a pallet.
Non-configurable bundles are bundles that do not feature configurable quantities, optional items, or variable products.
How It Works
Once a Product Bundle has been mapped to a variation, customers can choose variation attributes and then click the add-to-cart button to add the mapped Bundle to their cart.
→ Download Product Bundles – Variation Bundles.
Official Extensions ↑ Back to top
Product Add-Ons ↑ Back to top
Use Product Add-Ons to offer more personalization options in Product Bundles. The extension allows you to add product options via text boxes, dropdowns, text areas, checkboxes, custom price inputs, and even sample images.
→ Purchase Product Add-Ons.
All Products for WooCommerce Subscriptions ↑ Back to top
Use it with WooCommerce Subscriptions to offer entire Product Bundles on subscription. Also allows you to:
- Add subscription plans to Simple products, Variable products and Composite Products.
- Offer subscription plans in the cart.
- Let customers add products and carts to existing subscriptions.
→ Purchase All Products for WooCommerce Subscriptions.