Overview↑ Back to top
Composite Products allows you to create customizable product kits that consist of multiple, inventory-managed components, like this DSLR Camera Kit.
Before you get started with Composite Products, make sure you’ve picked the right tool for the task at hand:
- If the options of your product do not need to be inventory-managed, then consider using an attribute-based, or form-based alternative, such as Product Add-Ons, or Gravity Forms Product Product Add-Ons.
- If the product kit that you want to build is not configurable, consider using Product Bundles.
Important: Composite Products requires WooCommerce 3.9.0+ and PHP 7.0+.
Documentation Contents↑ Back to top
Store Owner’s Guide – Part I:
- Getting Started
- Component Settings
- Layout Options
- Catalog Price
- Cart Editing
- Managing Inventory
- Viewing Analytics
Store Owner’s Guide – Part II:
Customize & Extend
- Data Structures & Storage
- Functions Reference
- Filters Reference
- Actions Reference
- REST API Reference
FAQ & Feedback
Looking to customize or extend Composite Products? You will find a growing collection of common customizations in Snippets. Got something bigger in mind? Check out these popular Extensions that add more functionality to Composite Products, or hire a WooExpert.
Questions & Support↑ Back to top
Purchased Composite Products and need assistance? If you’ve found an issue:
- Ensure you have the latest versions of all extensions and themes. Go to WooCommerce > System Status to check for plugin updates and other important information that may require your attention.
- Rule out a plugin conflict: Turn off all plugins except WooCommerce and WooCommerce Composite Products. If the issue is resolved, find the plugin that triggers it by re-activating plugins one by one.
- Rule out a theme conflict. Activate Storefront, or a default WordPress theme such as Twenty Fourteen and check if the issue still occurs. If it doesn’t, please contact your theme author(s).
- Read the most Frequently Asked Questions.
- Use the WooCommerce Self Service Guide.
If you followed these steps but the issue persists, get in touch with us via the Help Desk!