This premium WooCommerce plugin allows you to easy add watermarks to your WooCommerce product images. These watermarks can be an image copyright symbol, company logo or piece of branding text as a transparent PNG image. You can have different watermarks for:
- catalogue thumbnails (in the main product category listing)
- main product image (the main image that appears at the top of the product page)
- popup product image (the large image that appears when clicking on a product thumbnail)
- small thumbnails (the additional product thumbnails that appear underneath the main product photo)
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
- Create a transparent PNG watermark image (eg: something that says “Copyright Yourname” with your logo)
- Go to the ‘WooCommerce’ > ‘Watermark’ menu in WordPress.
- Upload the watermark image using the Choose Image button
- Select where you would like the watermark image to appear.
- Create a WooCommerce product and upload an image. The watermark should appear on the image.
(if the watermarks do not appear, please try regenerating the thumbnails as below)
Regenerating Thumbnails / Applying Watermarks to Existing Images ↑ Back to top
If you change your watermark, or need to add your new watermark to old product images, you need to regenerate your thumbnails.
Below is the correct process to follow when changing the watermark. This process ensures your old watermark is not left behind when swapping to a new watermark.
- Download and install the free Regenerate Thumbnails plugin from here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/
- Go to the WooCommerce > Watermark menu in WordPress.
- Tick “None” next to all the watermark settings.
- Go to the Regenerate Thumbnails page (Tools > Regen Thumbnails)
- Regenerate your thumbnails. This will regenerate all your thumbnails without watermarks
- Go back to the ’WooCommerce’ > ‘Watermark’ menu in WordPress.
- Tick the position you would like each watermark to appear in (eg: bottom right)
- Go back to the Regenerate Thumbnails page (Tools > Regen Thumbnails)
- Regenerate your thumbnails. This will regenerate all your thumbnails with the correct watermarks