Customer Upload files for the WooCommerce plugin lets your customer upload files from the product, cart, and checkout page.
Installation↑ Back to top
- Download Customer Upload Files for WooCommerce and have your .zip file
- At the WordPress admin panel, go to the Plugins section, and click ‘Add New’ to upload and install the plugin you just downloaded from WooCommerce.
- Upload the .zip file to proceed with the installation.
- Wait until the plugin installs. After successful installation, activate the plugin, and move on to configuration settings.
Configurations↑ Back to top
At the admin panel, go to WooCommerce > setting > Upload Files to configure the WooCommerce customer upload file extension. In this tab, you will find two sections Add Rule and Manage Rule.
Add Rule↑ Back to top
In this section, you can add rules to enable upload files option for customers. In each rule you can configure the followings.
- Enable/Disable (Enable or Disable the rule)
- Display on (Select location you want to enable upload file option such as Product Page, Cart Page, or Checkout Page > After Notes)
- Single/Multiple Files (Select if you want to allow single or multiple files. The following settings can be set for both single and multiple files)
- Price (Set price to upload the file)
- Discount Type (fixed or percentage)
- Required (enable the checkbox to set the file as required)
- Customer Notes (check to enable customer notes)
- Hide Details on Frontend (check the box if you want to hide the details on the frontend)
- Description (Add description for further details)
- Allowed File Types (Specify file types you want to allow such as jpg, png, etc.)
- Maximum Upload Size (Enter maximum uploaded file size to upload)
- Multiply By Quantity (Enable it to multiple file upload charges with product quantity)
- Upload Preview Style (Choose the upload preview style as a thumbnail or icon)
- Product/Category Restriction (Choose products, category, or all products, you want to enable the upload file option)
- User Role (Select user role if you to provide this facility to only specific user roles)
Button Settings:↑ Back to top
- Button Text (Text for the Upload File Button)
- Button Background Color (Select background color for the Upload File Button)
- Button Text Color (Text color for the button text)
Manage Rule↑ Back to top
In this section, you can see all the rules created by you with complete information. You can edit and delete the rules from here.
Custom File Extension↑ Back to top
In this section, the admin can add custom file extensions that are not already supported by the WooCommerce upload files plugin. You can add multiple file extensions separated by a comma.
Upload Counter↑ Back to top
Go to WooCommerce > Orders, in the order table, there will be a new column named “Upload Counter”. This column helps you see which customer uploaded the file and the number of files they uploaded.
View, Download & Approve/Disapprove Customer Uploaded Files
You can see the customer uploaded files by opening each order and you can approve or disapprove and download the uploaded files.
Please hit Update Order Button right after approving or rejecting the uploaded files. Once you update the order, an email notification will be sent to the customer.
If customers upload the file from the product page, then the uploaded will be displayed in the Item section of the order detail page.
If customers upload the file from the cart or checkout page, then the uploaded file will be displayed at the bottom of each order in the Upload File section.