Overview ↑ Back to top
CRM integration for Zoho plugin connects your WooCommerce store with Zoho CRM. And it allows you to sync your WooCommerce Contacts, Deals, Products, and Orders data on Zoho CRM.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Click on the Upload Plugin button on top and upload the zip file of the plugin.
- Install the plugin and click Activate to get started.
Dashboard ↑ Back to top
The dashboard displays the number of products, contacts, orders, deals that are successfully synced over Zoho.
Feeds ↑ Back to top
Feeds are a set of rules based on which the data is sent over Zoho CRM.
The Feeds section in the plugin displays the Feeds you’ve created in this plugin. By default the plugin creates 4 feeds to sync data of 4 different WooCommerce objects. Here are those default feeds:
- Orders feed
- Deals feed
- Contacts feed
- Products feed
Note: Apart from these default feeds, you can also create custom feeds to sync other objects’ data like invoice, account, etc.
Every feed contains multiple settings which can be used to customize them. Click on the Edit icon adjacent to the feed name to access those settings. Here are the settings you get under the feeds:
- Select Object: This setting allows you to select a WooCommerce object you want to sync the data for.
- Map Fields: This setting helps you map a field to the value it will contain. For example, you can map a Contact field with a First Name field to make sure the Contact field will store the first name value.
- Add New Field: This setting helps you in adding a new field in the feed. If you want to sync some other data, you can add that field to the respective feed.
- Map Woo Order Statuses: This setting helps you map the order statuses of WooCommerce with Zoho order statuses. This makes sure the order status changes in Zoho CRM if it changes in WooCommerce.
- Product Details: This setting lets you send the purchased products data to Zoho CRM with the respective object’s data. For example, if you enable this setting in the Orders feed, the products purchased in the orders will also sync over Zoho with the orders data.
Note: This setting appears on those fields where products can be associated.
- Primary Field: This setting will let you choose a field that will work as a primary key.
- Select Event: This setting lets you select the event which will trigger the data synchronization process.
- Tax Setup: This setting lets you set up the tax to make the products taxable. You need to map your Zoho tax rates with WooCommerce products here.
- Product/Shipping Details: This setting lets you add an order line item as a product and shipping as a line item.
Data Sync ↑ Back to top
The data sync tab is obviously there to help you with data synchronization. You get 2 different settings here:
- Bulk Data Sync: This setting synchronizes all the data(including previous data) of the selected object.
- One-Click Sync: This setting synchronizes only the newly added data of the selected object or the one that was failed in the previous sync.
Logs ↑ Back to top
The Logs tab displays the errors that occurred during the data sync process. You get multiple details in this tab for every log. Here are those:
- Feed: Displays which feed the error occurred in.
- Woo Object: Displays the WooCommerce object.
- Woo Object Id: Displays the WooCommerce object ID.
- Zoho Object: Displays the Zoho object.
- Zoho Object Id: Displays the Zoho object ID.
- Time: Displays the timestamp the error occurred at.
- Request: Displays the request you make to Zoho.
- Response: Displays the API response you receive for your request to check the issue.
Settings ↑ Back to top
You get 5 settings in this tab:
- Enable instant sync: Enabling this toggle allows you to sync WooCommerce data instantly to Zoho CRM. If you disable this option, you’ll need to sync the data manually from the Data Sync tab.
- Enable background sync: Enabling this toggle will help you sync your existing data to Zoho CRM in the background. This background sync will run every 5 minutes to sync your data.
This setting comes in handy when you skip the data sync process while setting up the plugin.
- Enable logging: Enabling this toggle will allow you to store the sync log errors. If you disable this option, no logs will be stored.
- Delete log after x days: This option will let you select the number of days you want to store the error logs for. For example, if you select 30 days, the logs will be stored for 30 days and be deleted after that.
- Wipe data on disconnect: Enabling this toggle will erase all the sync history if you disconnect the integration with your Zoho CRM.
FAQs ↑ Back to top
Q 1: How to set up the connection with Zoho CRM?
To set up the connection, you’ll need to log in to your Zoho account and go to the Zoho API console and create a new app. You will get a client ID and a client secret ID to set up the connection.
You can follow the app setup guide to check the complete process.
Q 2: What feeds do we get with this integration to sync data?
The plugin comes with the following four default feeds which sync the respective data over Zoho CRM:
- Products Feed
- Contacts Feed
- Deals Feed
- Orders Feed
Q 3: How WooCommerce data is synced over Zoho CRM?
By default, the integration extracts your product data from WooCommerce and syncs them over Zoho as products. And for Contacts, Deals, and Orders, it retrieves data from WooCommerce orders and syncs it over Zoho CRM.
Q 4: Can we create custom feeds to sync data?
Yes, You can create your own custom feeds to sync data to any Zoho CRM object.
For this, you need to go to the feed section and click on the “Add new feed” button. It will redirect you to a new feed from where you can customize it to start syncing.
Q 5: What is Instant Sync?
The instant sync feature, if enabled, synchronizes your WooCommerce data to Zoho CRM instantly according to the event selected in your respective feed.
Q 6: Can we sync the data manually?
Yes, you can sync data manually. There are 2 options available to sync data manually:
- Bulk Data Sync – Sync all the WooCommerce Objects of your site to the CRM in One Click.
- One-Click Sync – Sync all the New/Failed WooCommerce Objects of your site to the CRM in One Click.
Along with the above options, you can also sync individual Orders data from the Order edit page.
Q 7: Can stored log data be deleted automatically?
You can set the duration you want to store the logs for in the “Settings” tab. The logs will automatically be deleted after the set duration.
Q 8: How to connect with your customer support if needed?
You can generate a ticket to explain and submit your query. Our customer support work 24*7 for help.