The iDeal extension allows customers to pay using the online banking interface through the payment service provider, Sisow.nl.
Requirements ↑ Back to top
- A Sisow account to obtain a MerchantID and MerchantKey – sign up or sign in at sisow.nl
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click Install Now, and then Activate.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
Note: ‘Payments’ formerly called ‘Checkout’ prior to WooCommerce 3.4.
- Select iDeal via Sisow. This takes you to the Settings screen.
- Configure your settings:
- Enable/Disable – Enable to use. Disable to turn off.
- Title – Choose the title shown to customers during checkout
- Description – Add info shown to customers if they
- Enter the MerchantID and MerchantKey from your Sisow account
- Enable iDeal Test Mode for development and testing purposes; you must also toggle on in your Sisow account under the Advanced tab. Remember to disable when finished to go live.
- Save changes.
Usage ↑ Back to top
- When a customer wants to pay through iDeal, they select this option in the checkout
- After confirming the order, they go to the second screen and choose their bank
- Customer then gets redirected to their own online banking environment to pay for the order
- After payment they get redirected to your webshop and the payment gets confirmed and the order processed
Troubleshooting ↑ Back to top
Why can I only choose the testbank on checkout? ↑ Back to top
Please turn Testing Mode OFF in both Sisow Profile settings and WooCommerce Sisow iDeal Gateway settings.
Questions ↑ Back to top
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.