- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Enable / Disable Professor Cloud to Enable and then hit save, Image Zoom will now be working for you on the single product page.
For Image Zoom to be effective you should have access to good quality images of a sufficient size that your customers can really see the detail.
A good image minimum size would be 600px x 600px when you load them, preferably much larger, if your images are all 300px x 300px you aren’t going to benefit from the Zoom effect.
If you want to change the styling of the Zoom window you can override the default CSS file – you should always use this method to avoid losing your changes when you upgrade
To use your own version of the CSS file instead of the included CSS please do the following
- In your theme folder (wp-content/themes/YOUR-THEME-NAME/) create a folder called professor_cloud
- Copy the existing CSS file into that folder (you end up with wp-content/themes/YOUR-THEME-NAME/professor_cloud/woocomm-professor-cloud.css )
- Now edit the woocomm-professor-cloud.css file to your hearts content
Constant ‘Loading…’ on the main image
Deactivate the scaling option in the Image Zoom settings, this issue is caused by TimThumb permissions being incorrect. If the Zoom works with scaling off them you should use it that way, if you need TimThumb for Zoom to work then you will need to access the directory via FTP and change the folder permissions.
The Image Zoom script file is one of the last to load which means it is vulnerable if another script causes an error. If the zoom is not working then you should load the page again with the console open and look for errors.
If there are no errors go to: WP Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > General > Products > Display > Product Images. Make sure that Enable Lightbox is checked.
Multiple copies of the main image in the Zoom window
Basically your main image is too small. Version 2.0.0 of Image Zoom has rectified this by stretching the image to fit the window but you should load bigger images to avoid distortion
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.