The Merchant Warrior payment gateway allows you to use Merchant Warrior (transparent redirect API) as a credit card processor for your WooCommerce store.
Process Visa and Mastercard in AUD and NZD by default, and optionally accept other currencies and American Express, Diners Club and JCB with approval.
Credit card details are sent directly from your checkout page to Merchant Warrior servers where they are processed, and the user is redirected to your Thank You page. Credit card details never touch your server, so no SSL certificate or PCI compliance is necessary to ensure a seamless customer experience.
Requirements ↑ Back to top
To use this integration, you need:
- An active Merchant Warrior account from www.merchantwarrior.com
- A trusted SSL certificate
- AUD or NZD as your payment currency*
* Other currencies can be activated by Merchant Warrior
Installation – Merchant Warrior ↑ Back to top
- Purchase and download the plugin zip file from WooCommerce.com.
- Obtain your Merchant Warrior API details from the Merchant Administration Panel > Warrior Express. You will need your Merchant UUID, API Key and API Passphrase.
- Login to your WordPress Admin. Click on Plugins | Add New from the left hand menu.
- Click on the “Upload” option, then click “Browse” to select the zip file from your computer. Once selected, press “OK” and press the “Install Now” button.
- Activate the plugin.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
- To configure the plugin, click on WooCommerce | Settings from the left hand menu, then the top tab “Payment Gateways”. You should see “Merchant Warrior (Transparent Redirect)” as an option in the list.
- You should see “Merchant Warrior (Transparent Redirect)” displayed across the top of the page as a link also. Click on this to configure the plugin, and you will see a list of options:
- Tick to “Enable this payment method”.
- The “Title” option allows you to determine what your customers will see this payment option displayed as. You might choose for this to be something like “Merchant Warrior” or “Credit card”
- The “Enable Test mode” option allows you to test transactions with this payment gateway to ensure your details are correct. See below for testing details.
- Add your Merchant Warrior UUID, API key and API passphrase in the respective fields. You need all three.
- Enter a transaction description (such as your store name) that may appear as a descriptor on the customer’s credit card.
- If you have arranged with Merchant Warrior to accept American Express, Diners Club or JCB cards, tick these boxes to advise customers they can use these card types on the payment screen.
- Save changes and you’re all done!
Testing details ↑ Back to top
To test payments using test details, use the following credit card details:
Card number: 4564710000000004 (Visa)
Usage ↑ Back to top
Read more about the Transparent Redirect API at:
Questions & Support ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch the developer via the Help Desk.