Microsoft Ads requires to set up a UET tag and a purchase conversion separately. You can skip this step, if you already have an active UET tag set up. We only need one active UET tag.
- Log into your Microsoft Advertising account.
- In the menu, click Tools > Conversion tracking > UET tag.
- Click > Create UET tag.
- Give it a meaningful name like
UET tag 1.
- Save it.
- In the next window, Microsoft asks how you want to set up tagging. Choose
Install the tag yourself.
- Then, click
nextuntil the new tag shows up in the UET tag list.
- Copy and paste that
UET tag IDinto the plugin.
We will set up a new purchase conversion goal using a purchase event. It is different in the way that we don’t use a destination URL (like in most setup guides), but by using a purchase event. It is much less error prone and works equally well.
- In the menu click Tools > Conversion tracking > Conversion goals.
- Click > Create conversion goal.
3. What kind of conversions do you want to track? >
4. What type of goal do you want to set? >
5. Goal Type >
6. Edit event goal
Conversion action value may vary
USD(or the currency of your shop)
Keep the default settings for the advanced settings.
7. Set up tagging >
No, this UET tag is not installed on your website?
8. When do you want to track this event? >
Track event on inline action.