In order for TikTok to process e-commerce events, you need to create the pixel in developer mode as described here: https://ads.tiktok.com/help/article?aid=10021
Setup instruction↑ Back to top
Create a TikTok Pixel↑ Back to top
- Open the TikTok Ads Manager and in the menu click Assets > Event
- Select Manage under Web Events
- Click Set Up Web Events
- Select TikTok Pixel as your connection method, then Next.
- Give your pixel a name
- We recommend the pixel name corresponds to the website or domain name. Maximum character length is 128 characters, including spaces.
- Select Manually Install Pixel Code, then Next
- As Event Setup Mode choose Developer Mode, then Next
Get the TikTok pixel ID and set it up in the Pixel Manager↑ Back to top
- Open the TikTok Ads Manager
- In the menu choose > Assets > Events
- Choose to manage Web Events
- Copy the TikTok pixel ID and paste it into the Pixel Manager
- Done. You are ready. The Pixel Manager will now send e-commerce events to the TikTok advertising platform.
TikTok Events API↑ Back to top
Available from version 1.27.0, only for users of the premium version
The Pixel Manager fully supports the TikTok Events API with browser and server event deduplication.
Access Token↑ Back to top
The TikTok Ads Manager account Admin or Operator can generate an access token directly under the pixel Settings tab.
- In TikTok Ads Manager, navigate to Assets > Events, and click Manage in the Web Events section.
- Find the pixel object that you want to use for reporting events, and click its name to view its settings. If you need to create a new pixel object, remember to select Manually install pixel code and Developer Mode.
- In the Settings tab, click Generate Access Token. The token will be generated immediately. You can then copy the access token and paste it into the Pixel Manager and start to make API requests.
Process Anonymous Hits↑ Back to top
The Pixel Manager doesn’t send an Event API hit if a visitor is blocking the TikTok pixel. If you enable this setting the Pixel Manager will send an anonymized Event API hit to TikTok. It will generate a random ttp ID, and then send the event to TikTok.
TikTok Advanced Matching↑ Back to top
When this option is enabled, the Pixel Manager will additionally send several visitor identifiers to TikTok, such as IP address and email. It is optional and will increase the likelihood that TikTok will match the hit to an existing TikTok user profile. For security reasons the Pixel Manager will hash the data where possible.
Make sure that enabling this option adheres to your local regulation.
TikTok Pixel Helper↑ Back to top
You can get the TikTok Pixel Helper from the Chrome web store: TikTok Pixel Helper