Modern day online shoppers expect everything fast, and with the ever growing number of eCommerce stores online it is critical the every visitor to your store is maximized and converted into sales.
Customers no longer have the time or patience to always read through lengthy product descriptions, but instead want to consume concise headline details as quickly as possible.
WooCommerce Product Key Features aims to solve that problem by following in the footsteps of huge online retailers allowing you to display isolated key pieces of product information in a clearly readable way, and all without the user having to apply any effort, therefore increasing the chances of conversion.
- Easily input 6 product specific key features values within the single product admin area
- Key features can be displayed in a number of locations for flexibility, including in the additional product information area
- Key features can easily be imported/exported in mass using the standard WooCommerce product import and export tools
- Download the extension from your dashboard
- Unzip and upload the extension folder to your site’s /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate ‘Product Key Features For WooCommerce’ through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Within the WooCommerce admin area, navigate to the Products tab, followed by the Key Features Sub-Option.
From here you can set a fallback location for key features to be displayed on your single product page, as well as a checkbox which dictates whether all plugin data (included key features) is removed entirely or not should the extension be removed.
The key feature text strings are added at product level, simply open a product up in admin as you would normally from which you should notice a tab within the Product Data area title Key Features.
Note that at the bottom of these options you have the ability to set the placement location specifically for the current product being entered, you will also have the option to use the admin fallback value as discussed previously.
Please check the following:
- Is there a value in the key feature 1 input? If not the extension will presume no other values exist.
- Please ensure the placement location of the product is not set to hidden
- If the product placement location is set to use admin default setting then please also ensure that the admin fallback value is not set to hidden either
6 is simply the limit, fewer key features can be used and only the populated values will be displayed
That is entirely up to you, there is no limit on key feature characters, although we recommend keeping the points as concise as possible to save your customer reading time
Yes. Key feature values are fully integrated into the native WooCommerce product import and export processes.
Absolutely! The extension comes included with three shortcodes which can be called anywhere to display either single or complete key feature values in the same way.
[wpfk_all_product_key_features sku=”GRNTEE”] – Displays all key features in an unordered html list
[wpfk_random_single_key_feature id=”11342″] – Displays a random single key feature value
[wpfk_single_key_feature feature=”3″ sku=”mysku”] – Displays a defined single key feature value
Only either a SKU or ID value is required to reference a product’s key features. If the shortcode is placed on a single product page then this reference can be left altogether.
Unfortunately not due to the security measures in place to help prevent malicious content. Instead a number of classes are provided within the html output to allow css styling instead.