Overview↑ Back to top
The Vimeo plugin connects your WordPress and WooCommerce site to your Vimeo account, and helps you create amazing videos for your website and products. With the Vimeo plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce, you can easily create, upload, and embed powerful videos that engage audiences and inspire them to take action – no video experience or big marketing budget required.
With this plugin, you can:
- Make amazing videos for your website leveraging Vimeo’s rich set of templates within minutes
- Create beautiful product videos for the product pages of your WooCommerce store
- Upload videos to be hosted on Vimeo
- Use your videos already hosted on Vimeo
- Customize and embed Vimeo player on your site to playback videos
Installation↑ Back to top
- Go to Plugins > Add New and search for Vimeo.
- Click Install Now and then Activate.
- To configure, go to Vimeo Settings and follow the instructions in this document to learn how to set up the plugin.
Please keep your Vimeo for WooCommerce Plugin updated↑ Back to top
The latest version number can be viewed on the Vimeo Product Page under Details and compatibility dropdown on the right side. After this, navigate to Plugins > Installed Plugins, it is important to check the version number and update to the latest version.
Setup and Configuration↑ Back to top
Connecting your Vimeo account to WordPress↑ Back to top
Head to Settings > Vimeo Settings, then follow the steps below.
- Sign up, if you don’t already have a Vimeo account.
- Once you have created your account, return to this tab and follow the instructions below.
- Click Get an activation key.
- You will be redirected to a Vimeo Authorization page.
- Hit Allow to authorize your Vimeo plugin on WordPress to access your Vimeo account.
- Next, you will be presented with an activation token.
- Copy the access token, and paste it into the Activation key field under Vimeo App Settings.
- Hit Save Changes.
At this point, your plugin will connect to your Vimeo account and display the following page with your name, profile picture, tier and number of videos.
Usage↑ Back to top
Adding a Vimeo Upload and Create Block to a WordPress Page or Post↑ Back to top
Use the Toggle Block Inserter or Add Block button from within the page, and select the Vimeo Upload and Create block from the drop down.
Adding a video to a page – Select, Upload or Create a Video↑ Back to top
To select a video, click on the Videos button to see your videos hosted on Vimeo. Select any video and click Next. Click Embed video on the Edit page to add the video to the page.
To upload a video, click on the Upload video button and add a video from your computer to upload. Once the video is uploaded, click Next. Click Embed video on the Edit page to add the video to the page.
To create a video, click on the Create a new video button and add a video from your computer to upload. Choose either Template or Start New Video and follow the flow. Once the video is uploaded hit Next. Click Embed video on the Edit page to add the video to the page. To learn more about Vimeo Create, see here.
Edit controls and player customization↑ Back to top
The Edit page lets you preview the video. In addition, you can do the following:
- Change thumbnail and color
- Change privacy settings
- Control how your player looks or behaves
- Download the video or go to Vimeo to manage/view analytics
- Edit the title and description of the video
Creating videos for WooCommerce Products↑ Back to top
Your Vimeo plugin supports creating product videos for your WooCommerce products. When creating product videos, Vimeo takes your product name and photos from your product gallery and automatically creates a product video for you. You can always preview the video and customize it if necessary.
To create a product video, go to the WooCommerce Product page and select the Create product video button from the Vimeo Video Gallery.
Note: You can also upload, select a video from Vimeo or create a video using the Add Video button. The videos will be added to your Vimeo Video Gallery.
Vimeo Video Gallery↑ Back to top
Videos added to the Vimeo Video Gallery can be displayed either as part of the Product gallery or as a separate tab containing just the videos. If your videos are set to appear in the Product gallery, you can also choose whether you want the videos to appear before or after the images in the Product gallery.
Lastly, you can also add a video into your Description or Short Description fields by clicking the Add Video button, and then selecting, uploading or creating a video.