- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded.
- Activate the extension.
- Global attributes are available for your whole store
- Per product attributes are only available for 1 product
- If you’ve chosen color, you’ll be able to click on the color icon and select the color you want to use in the color picker. Alternatively, you can type in the HEX value for the color.
- If you’ve chosen image, you’ll be able to upload an image.
Warning: If you change the attribute name and/or slug you permanently lose the swatches configuration.Color and photo swatches can only be used for variable products. 1. Create a variable product. Make sure that you select a global attribute or create a custom one in the “Attributes” tab. Also set up the “Variations” tab. More information about that can be found here:
- None. The options will be offered in a dropdown.
- Taxonomy Colors and Images. The options of the global attribute will be offered. (Only available for global attributes.)
- Custom Colors and Images. You will be able to add colors and image swatches.
- Radio Buttons. The available options will be displayed as radio buttons.
- Select the term.
- Choose Attribute Color or Image.
- If you’ve chosen color, select a color.
- If you’ve chosen image, upload an image.
- The CSV Import suite currently does not have the ability to import swatch settings.
- Grouped Products are not currently compatible or supported.
Note: Since version 2.0, template overrides are no longer available. Instead, you will need to hook into the filters available in the woocommerce-swatches-template-functions.php file.WooCommerce Variation Swatches and Photos extension allows you to put pictures or colors for each attribute. However, it does not change the main product image. To change the main product image, you need to navigate to your variations options and upload a picture for each variation. It works this way because let’s say you have two attributes used for variations: Color and design for a t-shirt. You would use Variation Swatches and Photos for the color attribute displaying the color. The design attribute is used for the t-shirt itself. If a color and design is selected, you need an image for variation that shows the t-shirt design and selected color combined. The Variation Swatches and Photos extension does not save swatches or photos after approximately 30 values (this number is based on the system and varies). Contact your hosting provider to increase
max_input_vars. This happens frequently, if you have a product with a lot of variations. Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form. Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch the developer via the Help Desk.