This product has been retired and is no longer for sale. Please use the free plugin from Constant Contact as a replacement.The WooCommerce Constant Contact integration lets you signup customers to your Constant Contact email lists during checkout. Use the included widget to add a signup form to other areas of your site and start building your email list today.
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard
- Goto Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Click the Configure link and read the next section to learn how to setup and configure the plugin.
This extension requires a Constant Contact account, WooCommerce 2.3 or newer, and cURL installed on your server (don’t worry, most servers have this by default)
This plugin uses the Constant Contact v1 API, so v2 API keys should not be used until you see a notice about upgrading in the changelog.These instructions on obtaining API keys are for the v1 API. To get started, go here and login with your Constant Contact username and password: Next, click the link to request a new API key: Now, enter your website address for the display name, your email for the technical contact, and enter “WordPress/WooCommerce Integration” for the Application Description. You may leave the rest of the fields blank. Submit the form, and check the box on the next page to agree to the terms, then hit “Request an API Key”: Now, copy the Key listed on the next page: Then paste it into the API Key text box under WooCommerce > Settings > Constant Contact: Now enter your Constant Contact username and password and hit “Save Settings”. You should see the email lists from your Constant Contact account appear in the “Email List” box. Select which email list you want customers’ email addresses to be added to when they sign up at checkout. Click “Save Settings” and you’re done! Read on to learn more about the settings and other extension features.
- Subscribe Checkbox Label – This is the text that appears to the signup checkbox on checkout, which by default looks like:
- Subscribe Checkbox Default – Choose whether the signup checkbox is checked or unchecked by default.
- Email List – Choose the Constant Contact email list that email addresses will be added to when a customer has opted in during checkout.
- ConstantContact.com Username – This is the username that you use to log into constantcontact.com.
- ConstantContact.com Password – This is the password that you use to log into constantcontact.com.
- API Key – This is the API key obtained by following the process detailed above.
- Debug Mode – Turn this on if you are having issues. Any errors will be logged to the WooCommerce error log, which you can submit along with a support ticket.
- Check that your Constant Contact Username, Password, and API Key are correct.
- Double-check that your Constant Contact Username, Password, and API Key are correct. 😉
- Enable debug mode and check the WooCommerce error logs (under
/wp-content/woocommerce/logs/constant-contact.txt) for any obvious error messages.
- Submit a support ticket, with the constant-contact.txt log as an attachment.
apply_filters( 'wc_constant_contact_order_received_button_text', __( 'Subscribe Now', WC_Constant_Contact::TEXT_DOMAIN ) )Use this filter to change the button text for the signup message on the order received page.
apply_filters( 'wc_constant_contact_order_received_subscribe_message', $message, $order_id )Use this filter to completely change the HTML of the signup message on the order received page. Do not change the button anchor ID or the AJAX signup will not work.
apply_filters( 'wc_constant_contact_order_received_subscribe_success_message', __( 'Thanks for subscribing!', WC_Constant_Contact::TEXT_DOMAIN ) )Use this filter to change the message that is displayed when a customer signs up on the order received page. Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form. Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with support via the help desk.