Note: This product has been retired and is not for sale. Documentation is no longer being updated.
- Euro must be set as the store currency
- A Swedbank account
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
openssl genrsa -out private_key.pem 2048 openssl req -sha1 -new -key private_key.pem -out csr.pemYou are asked for a series of data for the certificate:
- Country [AU]: 2-letter country code. One of EE, LV, LT. Example: EE
- State or Province Name (full name) [Some-State]: your company state/province. Example: Harju maakond
- Locality Name (eg, city) : your company city/town/village. Example: Tallinn
- Organization Name (eg, company) [Internet Widgits Pty Ltd]: Example: Nööbid & Kindad AS
- Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) : Can be left empty, but you can also enter “banklink” (without the quotes)
- Common Name (e.g. server FQDN or YOUR name) : the domain name of your store. Example: www.mysuperawesomestore.com
- Email Address : merchant’s (your) email address. Example: email@example.com
- A challenge password : leave blank (press Enter)
- An optional company name : leave blank (press Enter)
Protect your private key! Under no circumstances should you send or share it with anyone. This is something that only you should have access to.
If you are having trouble using Terminal/Shell/Command Line, try generating the private key and CSR online. Note that this is not the recommended method – do this only at your own risk!To configure the plugin on your site: Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Swedbank.
- Enable / Disable – Enable the gateway when ready to go live.
- Title – Shown to customers during checkout and on the Order Received page.
- Description – Shown under the title during checkout. Limited HTML is allowed.
- Environment – Switch between “Test” and “Production” credentials. Enable “Test” to send transactions to the bank link test service.
- Merchant ID – Merchant ID sent to you by Swedbank. For Test mode, this is the Merchant ID for your bank link test service. Follow the steps below to get this.
- Private Key – Private key you generated for Swedbank. For Test mode, this is the private key generated by your bank link test service. Follow the steps below to get this.
- Private Key Password – Private key password if you used one (Production or Test).
- Public Key – Public key / certificate for Swedbank in your country. Swedbank will provide it to you after signing the contract. For Test mode, this is the public key for your bank link test service. Follow the steps below to get this.
- Debug Mode – Enable this is you are having issues correctly processing transactions. You can either log API requests / responses directly to the checkout / thank you page, save them to the WooCommerce Error Log (found under WooCommerce > System Status > Logs) or both. All debugging messages are cleaned of sensitive information before display, but as a best practice do not enable this unless you have issues with the plugin.
- Select the appropriate banklink for your country and bank from the list. Example: Swedbank Estonia Test
- Click Certificates
- Copy the following to the gateway settings and save:
- Copy Merchant ID to Test Merchant ID field.
- Copy Merchant’s private key to Test Private Key field.
- Copy Bank’s certificate to Test Public Key field.
All test payments are publicly visible to everyone using the Banklinks service. If you need to keep your test payments (including the payment parameters and origin server) private, use the stand-alone version (Estonian only) instead.To checkout using Swedbank, a customer must select this option on the checkout page: When Swedbank is selected, the customer is directed offsite to Swedbank, where they can log in and complete payment. Having trouble? Ensure everything is set up correctly before posting a support request:
- Verify that your Merchant ID, Private Key and Public Key are correct.
- Double-check that your Merchant ID, Private Key and Public Key are correct.
- Enable only WooCommerce and Swedbank using a WordPress default theme to see if the issue persists.
- Submit a support ticket and tell us what happened when you took these steps.
- Estonia: https://www.swedbank.ee/business/cash/ecommerce/banklink
- Latvia: https://www.swedbank.lv/en/pakalpojumi_uznemumiem/bank_link/
- Lithuania: https://www.swedbank.lt/en/pages/corporate/bank_link