Nordea Gateway for WooCommerce allows your customers to securely check out using their Nordea account.
Requirements ↑ Back to top
- Nordea account
- Euro set as your store’s currency
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Nordea.
- Enable / Disable – Enable the gateway if ready to go live.
- Title – Displayed to customers during checkout and on the Order Received page.
- Description – Displayed under the title during checkout. Limited HTML is allowed.
- Environment – Switch between “Test” and “Production” credentials. Enable “Test” to send test payments.
- Merchant ID – Merchant ID sent to you by Nordea. For Test mode, use the following values: 12345678.
- MAC Key – Secret MAC key sent to you by Nordea. For Test mode, use the following values: LEHTI.
- Recipient Name – Optional. Only enter a value if you want to specify a different payment recipient than in your contract with Nordea.
- Recipient Account – Optional. Only enter an IBAN account number if you want to specify a different payment recipient than in your contract with Nordea, otherwise, leave blank.
- Debug Mode – Enable this is you are having issues processing transactions. Either log API requests / responses directly to the checkout / thank you page, save them to the WooCommerce Error Log (found under WooCommerce > System Status > Logs) or both. All debugging messages are cleaned of sensitive information before display, but as a best practice do not enable this unless you are having issues with the plugin.
Test Mode ↑ Back to top
Test the Nordea gateway by switching the Environment to Test in the gateway settings. Use the appropriate test Merchant ID and MAC key (shown above) for your country.
Usage ↑ Back to top
To check out using Nordea, a customer must select this option on the checkout page:
When Nordea is selected, the customer is directed offsite to Nordea, where they can log in and complete payment.
Troubleshooting ↑ Back to top
Having trouble? Ensure that everything is set up correctly before posting a support request:
- Verify that your Merchant ID, and secret MAC key are correct.
- Double-check that your Merchant ID, and secret MAC key are correct.
- Enable only WooCommerce and Nordea using a WordPress default theme to see if the issue persists.
- Submit a support ticket and tell us what happened when you took these steps.
FAQ ↑ Back to top
WooCommerce 2.2 added the ability to process automatic refunds. Does this gateway support automatic refunds? ↑ Back to top
Not at the moment. Refunds support might be be added in a future release for the countries where Nordea has refund support.
Where can I find official Nordea bank link / e-payment documentation? ↑ Back to top
Each country has slightly different documentation:
- Finland: English | Finnish | Swedish
- Estonia: English | Estonian | Russian
- Latvia: English | Latvian | Russian
- Lithuania: English | Lithuanian