The Purchase Order Gateway extension for WooCommerce adds a field to the checkout screen where customers can enter their purchase order number, which is provided by you to the customer in a manual/contractual/verbal agreement.
- WooCommerce version 6.8 or higher
- WordPress version 5.8 or higher
- PHP version 7.2 or higher
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
Note: ‘Payments’ formerly called ‘Checkout’ prior to WooCommerce 3.4.
- Select Purchase Order. This takes you to the Settings screen.
- Configure your settings:
- Enable/Disable – Enable to use. Disable to turn off.
- Title – Choose the title shown during checkout
- Description – Add info shown to customers/vendors if they use a Purchase Order
- Thank you note (optional)
Once a Purchase Order is entered, the order is placed in On-hold
status until the store owner manually marks the order as Completed
The purchase order number is neatly displayed within order information.
And displayed on the invoice:
Purchase orders are often used in a business-to-business context. Thus, the purchase order number would need to be issued manually using your business’ own purchase order management system.
The purchase order field will appear in the checkout when a subscription product is in the cart, as long as manual renewals are enabled in the settings for Subscriptions
. If manual renewals are not enabled, the purchase order field will not appear.
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer
via the Help Desk.