Shop owners selling goods and services are required to comply with export regulations published by several US departments, such as the Department of Commerce, the Department of the Treasury and the Department of of State.
“In the event that a company, entity or person on the list appears to match a party potentially involved in your export transaction, additional due diligence should be conducted before proceeding. There may be a strict export prohibition, requirement for seeking a license application, evaluation of the end-use or user to ensure it does not result in an activity prohibited by any U.S. export regulations, or other restriction.”
(source: export.gov web site)
The WooCommerce US Export compliance extension integrates seamlessly with your shop workflow and provides the following features:
- Checks each customer’s data against the screening list when an order is placed
- Allows order to be places as usual, if a customer is not on the screening list
- Places order on hold for manual verification, as required by authorities, if a customer is on the screening list
- Updates screening lists daily from official sources
Installation↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration↑ Back to top
Go to: WooCommerce > US Export.
- Rank Threshold – How ‘sensitive’ is the check for a match. Fine-tune this value according to positive/negative matches.
- E-mail recipient – Which email to use when a match is found
- E-mail subject – Subject line of the e-mail.
- E-mail body – Body of e-mail. Placeholders available are:
- orderno: the order number,
- rank: the match ranking,
- orderurl: the url to the WooCommerce order page to quickly open and review the order data.
Usage↑ Back to top
If the user is a positive match at checkout, the following message appears:
The order is then put on hold for manual verification, and an e-mail is sent to the address on file to inform the shop manager.