“In the event that a company, entity or person on the list appears to match a party potentially involved in your export transaction, additional due diligence should be conducted before proceeding. There may be a strict export prohibition, requirement for seeking a license application, evaluation of the end-use or user to ensure it does not result in an activity prohibited by any U.S. export regulations, or other restriction.”
(source: export.gov web site)
The WooCommerce US Export compliance extension integrates seamlessly with your shop workflow and provides the following features:
- Checks each customer’s data against the screening list when an order is placed
- Allows order to be places as usual, if a customer is not on the screening list
- Places order on hold for manual verification, as required by authorities, if a customer is on the screening list
- Updates screening lists daily from official sources
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Go to: WooCommerce > US Export.
- Rank Threshold – How ‘sensitive’ is the check for a match. Fine-tune this value according to positive/negative matches.
- E-mail recipient – Which email to use when a match is found
- E-mail subject – Subject line of the e-mail.
- E-mail body – Body of e-mail. Placeholders available are:
- orderno: the order number,
- rank: the match ranking,
- orderurl: the url to the WooCommerce order page to quickly open and review the order data.
If the user is a positive match at checkout, the following message appears:
The order is then put on hold for manual verification, and an e-mail is sent to the address on file to inform the shop manager.