Installation↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin. Select Choose File for the file you have downloaded.
- Click Install Now and Activate Plugin.
More information is available at Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration↑ Back to top
After activation of the Advanced Free Gifts extension, navigate to the extension settings menu under WP Admin > WooCommerce > Free Gifts. Click to view settings.
General settings↑ Back to top
Within the General Settings tab, the following options are available:
- Customize button label for manual gifts
- Set button background color and button text color
- Add a message to display with gift selector on cart page
Creating new gift condition/rule:↑ Back to top
When creating a new rule, set the parameters of the rule using the following options:
- Select product or products to offer as free gift
- Select the maximum gift quantity
Select gift type:↑ Back to top
- Automatic Gift – The gift product will be automatically added to cart when conditions are met. If there are multiple products, the system will randomly select the desired products and add as gift.
- Manual Gift – The gift has to be added manually from the cart page allowing the customer to choose the desired gift. If multiple gifts, user will be able to select gift.
Select gift quantity↑ Back to top
- One – Gift item will be added with one quantity. For example, if applying the condition of Buy X get Y, no matter the quantity of X a customer purchases, they will only receive one quantity of Y.
- Equal to quantity in cart – Gift items will equal the quantity of the product in cart.
- For example, if applying the condition of Buy X get Y, the quantity of Y that is gifted will be equal to the quantity of product X in the cart.
- If there are multiple gift items, the average quantity of multiple items will be added as the gift quantity. For example if the condition, Buy X, Y, Z get A for free is applied, then the quantity of A will be the average quantity of X,Y,Z (i.e X,Y,Z has quantity of 2,4,6, the product A gift quantity will be 4).
User and Cart Totals:↑ Back to top
You can can offer gifts based on current user role, cart minimum amount and quantity. Leave empty if you want to offer gift to all user roles and don’t want to restrict gift based on cart totals.
You can also select gift use as once or apply on every purchase of selected item. For example, if you are offering a beanie on purchase of a cap, you can choose whether to offer a cap every time a customer purchases the beanie or can restrict the gift as a one-time offer on that single purchase.
Product restrictions:↑ Back to top
You can specify which products are eligible to receive a free gift:
- Select individual product(s)
- Select category
Once you have selected the eligible product or category, you can define the matching criteria with the following options:
Match All Products in Selected Products in cart:
For example, if you have selected album and beanie as the products eligible for a gift offer, this option will allow you to offer a gift product only once the album and beanie are added to the cart.
Match Selected Quantity of Products in cart
You can specify the required quantity of products the cart must reach in order to qualify for the gift offer. For example, if the quantity is set to 1, the customer will receive a gift if either the beanie or album or both have been added to the cart.
Limit gift by date range:↑ Back to top
You can select the start and end date for when gifts will be offered and gifts will only be offered for the defined time range.
Gift notices:↑ Back to top
You can add a customized notification that will appear on the cart page when the gift has been added to the customer’s cart. You can use different variables to customize the message as per your needs.
Free gifts log:↑ Back to top
The extension maintains a history of all gifts granted by admin or manually selected by the customer.
Manually send gifts:↑ Back to top
The admin can manually gift a product to any customer at any time. Once the gift is sent, the extension will automatically create a new order with the including the gift. You can set the customer order status for these orders as well.