Automatically switch user roles based on various conditions.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin the file you have downloaded.
- Install Now and Activate.
More information at Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
After activating WooCommerce Automatic User Roles Switcher extension, you can see “Automatic User Roles Switcher” Tabs in the WordPress admin menu. Click to view settings and get started.
Creating a new rule for user role switching: ↑ Back to top
You can create multiple rules to change user roles based on various conditions.
While creating a new rule you can,
- Role: Use the checkbox to Enable/Disable Switch Role
- From This User Role: Select the current user role of your customers to switch to a new role. You can specify multiple user roles and the customer who holds that user role will be changed to new role.
- When Will: Use this setting to specify the condition on which the automatic role switch shall take place.
- User purchased a specific product: You can select specific products and grant user roles if a customer purchases from any of the selected products.
- Cart sub-total spend falls within the following price range: The user role will switch if a customer purchases any of the products from selected categories and tags.
- Customers’ total spend falls within the following price range: You can specify a minimum and maximum amount and switch the role as soon as the order total falls in the defined range.
- User purchased products from specific categories or tags: You also change user roles based on the lifetime spending of your customers on your website.
- Set Date Range: It is necessary to set a start date for the automatic user role switcher extension to come into effect. This date will reflect when the rule will work.
- Duration for the Role: Use the text box to set a duration for the new user role in a number of days after which the user will be reverted back to the previous role. In the case of a permanent user role, leave it empty.
Email notification for customers: ↑ Back to top
You can send an email notification to customers when their user role is switched. You can utilize the following variables to personalize the email.
History of user roles switching: ↑ Back to top
The extension also maintains a brief history of the user role change along with the reason for the switch such as specific product purchase, product purchased from a specific category or tag, order price range, lifetime spent of a customer.
You can access this from the User detail page under the All user section in your admin panel.
FAQs ↑ Back to top
Q. Can the extension assign multiple roles to a user?
A. Currently, the extension does not grant multiple user roles, instead, it switches from the previous role to a new one.