Custom User Registration Fields plugin allows you to add extra fields on the signup form.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin the file you have downloaded.
- Install Now and Activate.
More information at Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
After activation, you can see “Choose User Role at Registration” under the WooCommerce menu. Click to view settings and get started.
General Settings ↑ Back to top
Go to WooCommerce > Choose User Role at Registration and navigate to the general settings tab. Here you can configure the following details,
- Enable user role selection dropdown
- User role field label
- Specify which user roles to be displayed in the dropdown
- Allow/disallow users to edit user role from my account page
- Enable/disable user roles dropdown on checkout page (Account creation section only)
- Specify user role which will be auto-approved, if non selected, all user roles will go to manual review
The customers are assigned the default user role while their request user role is pending for approval
Custom Messages: ↑ Back to top
The custom messages are displayed under user roles dropdown on my account page. These messages are there to notify customers if there request user role is pending for approval or it has been declined.
Email Settings ↑ Back to top
You can customize the following email notifications. You can also enable/disable these email notifications.
- Email to admin when a new user registers and requested a user role that requires manual approval
- Email to the customer notifying that his request user role is awaiting approval
- Email to the customer when his request user role is approved
- Email to the customer when his request user role is declined