WooCommerce empty cart plugin allows you to clear customers’ carts and sessions automatically after a specific time. Set time in minutes, hours, and days to clear the carts. Redirect users to the shop page or any store page after removing all the products in the cart.
Installation↑ Back to top
- Download Clear Cart and Sessions for WooCommerce and have your.zip file.
- At the WordPress admin panel, go to the Plugins section, and click ‘Add New’ to upload and install the empty WooCommerce cart plugin you recently downloaded from WooCommerce.com.
- Upload the .zip file to proceed with the installation.
- Wait until the plugin installs. After successful installation, activate the plugin, and move on to configuration settings.
Configurations↑ Back to top
At the admin panel go to WooCommerce > Settings and click Clear Cart and Session tab to configure this extension. Here you can find 3 sections of settings such as Session Expire, Empty Cart Button, and Redirection Settings.
Session Expire:↑ Back to top
Here you can set the followings.
- Activate (Enable/Disable Custom Cart Session Time).
- Time Format (Choose time in Hours, Minutes, and Days for clearing cart and sessions)
- Time of Cart Session Expiration (Specify the time in numbers).
- Time of Checking Users Frequently (Specify the time to check if the user is inactive before clearing the cart, e.g., If you set cart expiration time at 24 hours. You should check for user activity after 23 hours. If the customer is active after 23 hours. We will update time and again to start the counter for session expiration.)
Empty Cart Button:↑ Back to top
From this section of the WooCommerce empty cart button plugin, you can enable the empty cart button on the cart page to allow customers to clear all the products in the cart with just one click. You can configure the following settings for the Empty Cart Button.
- Activate (Enable/Disable Empty Cart Button on the cart page)
- Activate Widget (Check this to enable a custom clear cart widget)
- Widget ShortCode (Use this shortcode to enable a custom widget)
- Custom Button Text (Customize empty cart button text)
- Use Default Theme (Check this option to use the default theme button design)
- Custom Button Color (Customize empty cart button background color)
- Custom Button Text Color (Choose empty cart button text color)
- Show Confirmation Dialog (Check this option to ask for confirmation from the customer before clearing the cart)
Redirection Settings:↑ Back to top
You can redirect customers to the shop or any store page after clearing the cart from this section. This section of the WooCommerce cart empty after adding product plugin has the following settings.
- Activate (Check this option to enable redirection)
- Redirection Address (Choose Shop if you want to redirect customers to the shop page or custom to redirect to any other store page)
- Custom redirect URL (Specify URL where you want to redirect your customers )
FAQs↑ Back to top
1. How do I add a clear CART button in WooCommerce?
At the admin panel go to WooCommerce > Settings and click Clear Cart and Session tab. Here go to the Empty Cart Button section and enable the “clear cart button” to add a clear cart button in WooCommerce.
2. How do I clear a cart session in WooCommerce?
In the clear cart and session tab, go to the session expire section. From here you can enable session expiration for the cart and also set a time for cart expiration.
3. Can I redirect customers to a specific page after the cart is empty?
In the redirection settings section of the WooCommerce clear cart plugin, you can select where you want to redirect customers after they clear the cart. You can either redirect them to the shop page or add a custom URL.