Create additional checkout fields per product, category, and user roles in any checkout Tab i.e. Billing, Shipping, and Additional Section.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download Conditional Checkout Fields for WooCommerce and have your .zip file
- At the WordPress admin panel, go to the Plugins section, and click ‘Add New’ to upload and install the plugin you just downloaded from WooCommerce.
- Upload the .zip file to proceed with the installation.
- Wait until the plugin installs. After successful installation, activate the plugin, and move on to configuration settings.
Configurations ↑ Back to top
At the WooCommerce admin panel, go to WooCommerce > Setting> Conditional Checkout Fields for WooCommerce to customize checkout page. Here you will find the three Tabs of checkout page Billing, Shipping, and Additional Section.
Billing Section ↑ Back to top
Click Billing Field Tab to customize the billing section fields. Here you can see all the custom and default WooCommerce billing fields. You can edit the default checkout fields by clicking “Edit” button
You can drag and drop the fields to sort their order.
After sorting the order of fields, you just need to click the “Save Changes” button to save the settings.
Add New Field ↑ Back to top
Click “Add Field” to create new checkout field for billing section.
Each Field Settings; ↑ Back to top
After clicking on Add field button, now you can customize the field according to your preferences. You can do the following settings with each field.
- Type (Select the type of field you required)
- Field Name:(Set the field name)
- Label (Set the Label of Field to display on frontend)
- Enable (Enable/Disable the field)
- Placeholder (Specify placeholder )
- Field Class (Choose position or width of fields such as form row first/last, wide)
- Price (Set price for this field )
- Required(Make this fields mandatory for Customers)
- Display for Specific Product or Category (Display field based on specific products or categories in cart)
- Display only Specific User roles (Show this field to specific users only)
- Add Conditions (Make the field dependent on other field. Relation between group is “Or” and relation between condition is “And”)
Note: In “And” operation. all conditions must be true. In “OR” condition, if any operation is true, the expression will be true.
Add Fields in Shipping & Additional Section ↑ Back to top
Go to WooCommerce > Setting> Conditional Checkout Fields and click Shipping or Additional Tabs and add the fields in a same way like we did for billing section.
How to Search, Export and Print the fields? ↑ Back to top
Every section (Billing, Shipping, and Additional) has search, export, and print facility. If you want to search the fields of billing section then go to WooCommerce>Setting>Conditional Checkout Fields >Billing, here you will find the search option on the right side and you can find any field using search option.
You can also find the export and print options on left side.
Fields Types & Uses ↑ Back to top
Text Field – Add text field options to billing or shipping section to take multiple data units in single lines from customer.
Text Area – Acquire details or information in a paragraph by using text area option. Provide more space for customers to share data.
File Upload – Let the customers upload files in varying formats to make you understand the billing or shipping details.
Drop down – You can display more options for customers to easily select from by using a dropdown field.
Radio button – Show the options in the form of radio buttons to facilitate customers selecting with a click
Checkbox – Add checkbox to allow customers easily select or ignore an option. With multiple checkboxes, selection becomes easier.
Simple Checkbox – Use simple checkbox to ask customers straight about a Yes or No for a field or question.
Multiple Select – A question that require customers to submit more entries, use multiple select. For examples, asking customers for interests.
Date and Time – Help your customers enter a date and time in the right format by providing purpose-built field.
Color Picker – Display multiple colors in boxes shape so that customer can click the required color rather than reading the available colors.
Password – Allow your customers to share passwords of accounts relevant to the product or service you offer.
Phone Number – Acquire customers’ phone numbers in the right format
Number – Helps to get detail from customers in numbers e.g. lucky number etc.
Paragraph – Compose a brief message to easily convey a message
Heading – segregate fields by headings to create sections
Unique Features ↑ Back to top
- Assign checkout fields to specific user roles.
- Edit default WooCommerce checkout fields.
- Dependent fields – Show/Hide fields based on conditions
- Restrict checkout fields to specific products & categories.
- Set a price for each field