Thank you for choosing Freshcart theme to build your WooCommerce website.
To create a site with Freshcart, you must install the Freshcart theme and WooCommerce plugin.
- In your Dashboard go to Appearance > Themes.
- Click on the Add New button on top.
- Click Upload New button on top.
- In the new interface click Choose File and browse your computer to locate freshcart.zip file you downloaded.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation Activate the theme.
- Woocommerce: The official WooCommerce plugin is required to display the modal cart and products. It includes many other necessary blocks for any website.
- Store : is the best front end multi-vendor marketplace on WordPress, powered by WooCommerce. It helps you to build your own marketplace similar to Amazon, Shopify, eBay, Magento like marketplaces in under 30 minutes.
- WP Form : The plugin is recommended for creating contact forms.
- Safe SVG: is the best way to Allow SVG Uploads in WordPress! It gives you the ability to allow SVG uploads whilst making sure that they’re sanitized to stop SVG/XML vulnerabilities affecting your site. It also gives you the ability to preview your uploaded SVGs in the media library in all views.
Note:- Please import demo content xml file after installing the above required plugins.
Making the theme look like the demo
First, download the zip file containing the demo content here.
Inside the package you will find a file named freshcart.WordPress.xml that you can use to import the demo content.
- First, install and activate all the recommended plugins listed above.
- In your Dashboard go to Tools > Import.
- Choose WordPress importer from the list. If you have not installed it already, you need to install it first.
- Click Run Importer.
- Click Choose File and browse for the freshcart.WordPress.xml file you downloaded and upload it.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so check the Download and import file attachments box.
- In your Dashboard go to Settings > Reading and assign the Home page to display in front and Blog page to display the latest posts.
Blocks are the components used in the theme for adding content to the posts/pages. The Freshcart theme support all WordPress and WooCommerce blocks that you can use to add text, media assets, and layout components, allowing you more freedom to create content.
To get access to the Block, you can follow the step below:
- Go to Pages and choose your desired page
- Now, you can click the plus (+) icon at the top left inside the toolbar to insert blocks
It will display a list of blocks available. You can use the appropriate block that suits your site requirements. For example, You can use the Site Title Block to add the site title on the header area.
Freshcart themes come with 23 pre-built patterns. Choose the one that fits your site and customize it accordingly. Once activated, you will see a set-up pattern on your front end. You can either edit or remove it by replacing the other available patterns.
Before listing the available patterns in the Freshcart theme, let’s point out several reasons for using the patterns in the theme:
- It saves time as you don’t need to create the same layout. You can reuse the same patterns on multiple areas of your site.
- It helps you add professional designs to your site without needing degree designers.
- Product Category Card I
- Home Hero I
- Product Category Card II
- Home Hero II
You can follow the steps below to add the new pattern to your Freshcart FSE Theme.
- Click on the plus (+) sign from the top left of your page editor.
- Select the Pattern option from the tab.
- Scroll down the available patterns and click on the one that fits on the site.
- Upon clicking, it will automatically add the selected patterns on the page.
- Once done, the patterns become individual blocks that you can move, change and customize according to your site requirement.
This pattern built by using following Gutenberg blocks,
- Heading Block
- Query Loop ( Gutenberg Block )
The Freshcart FSE theme offers 15 Templates for your use. You can customize these templates if you feel like changing anything on a specific template and wish to see those changes across your site.
Basically, a template defines the structure of the content area of the site, such as a 404 page, search result, single post, etc.
Below is the list of available templates within the Freshcart theme:
- 404: The template is displayed when no content is found on the requested page.
- Contact: It displays the contact information section of the site.
- Blog: Design blog page post listing.
- Page: It displays a single page.
- Index: It is used for displaying posts.
- Archive: The template is displayed for post categories, tags, and other archives.
- Single: The template is used for displaying any single post or attachment.
- Single Product: It displays the single product of your site.
- Product Catalog: It displays the products.
- Product Search Result: It displays the search result of your store.
- Products by Category: It displays the products which are filtered by category.
- Product by Tag: It displays the products which are filtered by tag.
The Templates Parts is basically a block for managing the different areas of your site. It helps you set the structure for the reusable items like the Header and Footer. The primary use of the Templates Parts is used for setting up the site structure. You can either create new Templates Parts or use the one provided by the theme.
Below is the list of the Templates Parts available in the freshcart theme: