Purolator Shipping Method allows your store to get rates from the Purolator API and calculate shipping for customers in checkout. Purolator also verifies the shipping address to ensure accuracy.
Installation↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Installing and Managing Plugins.
Sign up with Purolator↑ Back to top
- Select Corporate Account Holder.
Enter Profile Information in the window that opens after making your selection.
Agree to Terms and Conditions, then Submit Registration.
Activate via link sent to your email address, and log into your account to complete registration.
Setup↑ Back to top
To configure settings:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping. Choose the method Purolator from the list at the top of the screen.
2. Enter API Settings – Info from your Purolator account.
- Development Key
- Development Password
- Production Key – Request through your account
- Production Password – Request through your account.
- Billing Account Number (Optional) – If you have a billing account with Purolator.
3. Enter your Contact Information.
- Contact name
- Origin street number
- Origin street name
- Origin city name
- Origin province/state
- Origin Postal code – Must be in Canada.
- Country code for your phone number when dialing internationally.
- Area code
- Phone number
4. Printer Settings
- Printer Type – Select Regular, or Thermal
5. Developer Settings
- Debug Mode – Output the response from Purolator on the cart/checkout for debugging purposes. Please note that anyone can see this, so you can also test when logged out.
- Development Mode – Use of development variable for Purolator, must be enabled to use your development Key and Password. Use this if you have trouble getting rates from Purolator.
Configuration↑ Back to top
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Shipping zones
2. Select your Shipping Zone that you want to add the Purolator method to, mouse over the name, and click “Edit”. If you don’t have a Shipping Zone setup, you will need to follow the instructions here to do that first.
3. Click “Add Shipping Method” and select Purolator from the dropdown
- Once added, click on “Purolator” to edit. The following screen is displayed:
5. Enter the Method Title for what you’d like the Purolator method to display as for the Shipping method name (ex: Purolator, Purolator Shipping, PurolatorExpress, etc.). This will not be displayed for customers to see.
6. Packing Information
- Parcel Packing method – Choose the method in which you wish to pack your parcels. If choosing Recommended, items are packed into boxes based on item dimensions and volume. Outer dimensions are passed to Purolator, and inner dimensions are used for packing. Items not fitting into boxes are packed individually.
- Services – Select from:
- Declare cart total – Enabling sends cart total to Purolator, and increases shipping cost if total is more than $100 CAD.
- Need signature – Enabling tells Purolator to calculate cost with a signature.
- Handling time in days.
- Delivery date – To show the date.
- Delivery date display – Example: %s
- Delivery date format – Example: j F Y
- Handling fee excluding tax. Enter amount (2.50) or percentage (5%).
- Apply handling fee to shipping rate – Unticked default applies to product value.
- Pay part of the shipping costs – Enter a percentage. Use to calculate what part of shipping you pay.
- Auto create label – By enabling this, each time an order is received a Purolator label will be created and a link will be added in the order email. Please note that the label created will be available for printing only for 48 hours due to a limitation by Purolator.
- SOAP Method – Please only change if you know what you’re doing or have been advised to.
7. Save changes.
All non-virtual products need weight and dimensions set – without this, no shipping is calculated.
8. Purolator update
This is a reminder that Purolator E-Ship® Web Services version 1 (EWS V.1) will no longer be available and integrations will cease functioning as of March 31, 2019. Please be advised, you may experience issues if you are still using this version by the deadline.
Upgrade now to EWS v.2, to continue accessing existing Purolator services, new features and upcoming enhancements, such as:
Take advantage of Adult Signature Required, a new service that requires customers to present a valid government-issued photo ID with proof of age in order to receive their packages.
Only pay for the special handling level based on your shipments’ unique contents and packaging with our new SHS.
Ability to specify an alternate return address, other than the point of origin, for undelivered shipments
Here’s how to upgrade to EWS v.2:
Login to the Purolator E-Ship® Resource Centre
Click on the “Documentation Sample Code” link
Click on the “Download WSDL” for each of the Web Service methods
Evaluate the changes applicable to your integration
Update your integration to EWS v.2
Calculation↑ Back to top
Shipping is calculated on a per order basis and displayed to the customer on the cart and checkout pages.
Troubleshooting↑ Back to top
No rates are being calculated↑ Back to top
Check if the dimensions of the product is set and verify that you have enter your origin postal code. The postal code must be a Canadian one.
Also, double-check that the API keys are filled-in. In some cases the production key might need to be manually activated by Purolator, so you’ll want to directly contact them.
Questions and Support↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with the developer via the Help Desk.