Shop as a customer plugin for WooCommerce enables easy switching between admin mode and customer view.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download Shop as a Customer for WooCommerce and have your .zip file
- At the WordPress admin panel, go to the Plugins section, and click ‘Add New’ to upload and install the plugin you recently downloaded from WooCommerce.com.
- Upload the .zip file to proceed with the installation.
- Wait until the plugin installs. After successful installation, activate the plugin, and move on to configuration settings.
How to Use Shop as a Customer Plugin? ↑ Back to top
There are two options to use this plugin.
Option 1: ↑ Back to top
At the back office, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Shop as a Customer, Here you will find the 3 tabs such as Switch to Customer, Customer Logs, and Settings.
Switch to Customer ↑ Back to top
In this tab, you can see the list of a customers in a table. You can import and export the list of customers and search any customer using search bar. You can also switch to any customer account from here easily.
Customer Log ↑ Back to top
In this tab you can view the history of users accessed accounts. You can export them as well.
Setting ↑ Back to top
From here you can configure following
- Select Tab to Switch as Customer/Guest: (Option for admin to switch as a customer or guest on same page or on new page)
- Select Role(s): (Assign shop as a customer to any user role, so they will be able to switch to any customer)
- By Default Order Status during Offline Payment: (You can also set default order status for offline payments from here)
Option 2: ↑ Back to top
At the admin panel go to the admin profile menu and click the Switch to Customer and popup will appear. You can also switch to guest user from here.
Search Customer or User Roles by Email ↑ Back to top
Search customer or user roles by email and select the customer you want to switch .
Switch to a Customer ↑ Back to top
Choose any customer you want and click the Switch button to switch from admin mode to customer view.
View Orders of a Customer ↑ Back to top
After selecting the customer from the list , you can see his orders by clicking View Order button on the popup.
Edit User Profile ↑ Back to top
Once you have selected the customer, you can click Edit Profile for editing his profile.
Switch Back to Admin ↑ Back to top
When you are in a customer view mode, the top bar will appear containing Switch Back button. Just click that button and it will take you back to admin mode.
Hide the Switch Back Bar ↑ Back to top
You can hide the switch back bar by clicking any “-” button displaying on the left and right side of bar.