Shopify Migration for WooCommerce makes it much easier to migrate to WooCommerce from Shopify, thus substantially reducing the time required and downtime in moving to a new platform.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New
- Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
Accessing the plugin’s settings ↑ Back to top
Upon activating the plugin for the first time, you can access the settings using the method below:
In your WordPress admin page, navigate to WooCommerce > Settings and then
Navigate to Integration > Shopify To Woo Migration
Generate credentials from Shopify store ↑ Back to top
To generate credentials for Shopify to WooCommerce migration sign in to your Shopify dashboard:
- From your Shopify admin dashboard, navigate to Apps.
- At the bottom of the page, find a link mentioning Manage private apps and click on it.
- Click Create a new private app.
- In the App details section, enter any name for the private app and your contact email address.
- Scroll down to the Admin API section, select Webhook API version 2020-10.
- Then in the Storefront API, select Allow this app to access your storefront data using the Storefront API. On checking, four permissions will be selected by default. Select the rest of the permissions as well.
- Scroll back to the admin API section and click Show inactive Admin API permissions. Select read and write access from the drop-down and read access where read and write access is not an option.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page, select Save and click create app on the pop-up window.
- Goto WooCommerce>Settings>integration>Shopify to Woo Migration tab and enter URL of your Shopify store.
- Copy API key and Password, now visible in Admin API section and paste it in Shopify to Woo tab on your WooCommerce website to establish a connection.
- Set the default number of records imported at a time and the time interval in seconds between each request to import the next batch.
- Save changes. Shop status will change to Connected, which determines that the connection is successful.
Importing and Updating Customers ↑ Back to top
To import customers from your Shopify store click on Import Customer in Shopify to Woo Migration tab and do not refresh until a successful completion message appears. After successful import customers data is available at:
WordPress Dashboard> Users > All Users > Customers
If data or information is changed or added to your Shopify store afterwards, click again on import customer and the data will be updated likewise on your WooCommerce store.
Importing and Updating Products ↑ Back to top
Click Import Product in Shopify to Woo Migration tab and wait for the process to complete. Products imported from Shopify are available in the Products section of WooCommerce store that can be identified easily as they have a unique number under Shopify Id column in the products tab.
Update products’ stock, variation, title, description, SKU, weight, categories, tags, and prices after importing all the products from Shopify just by clicking on Import product. Everything will sync according to your Shopify store.
Questions and Feedback ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.