Shopify Migration for WooCommerce makes it much easier to migrate to WooCommerce from Shopify, thus substantially reducing the time required and downtime in moving to a new platform.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New
- Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
Accessing the plugin’s settings ↑ Back to top
Upon activating the plugin for the first time, you can access the settings using the method below:
In your WordPress admin page, navigate to WooCommerce > Settings and then
Navigate to Integration > Shopify to Woo Migration
Generate credentials from Shopify store ↑ Back to top
To generate credentials for Shopify to WooCommerce migration sign in to your Shopify dashboard:
- From your Shopify admin dashboard, navigate to Apps.
- At the bottom of the page, find a link mentioning Develop apps for your store and click on it.
- If you are using Develop app for your store feature for the first time you’ll see the below-mentioned screen. Click Allow custom app development on redirect else ignore it and start following from step 5.
- If you are doing this for the first time you’ll be prompted to allow custom app development, click on it or else goto the next step
- Click Create an app
- A popup will appear, enter any name under App name and click create app button.
- Click on Configure Admin API scopes
- Next, under Configuration tab, scroll down, find and enable read_customers and read_products as shown in video below.
- Goto WooCommerce>Settings>integration>Shopify to Woo Migration tab and enter URL of your Shopify store.
- Copy API Key and admin API access token, visible under API credentials section of your custom app and paste it under Shopify to Woo tab on your WooCommerce website to establish a connection.
- Select the latest Shopify webhook version.
- Set the default number of records imported at a time and the time interval in seconds between each request to import the next batch.
- To update already migrated data on WooCommerce from Shopify, check update existing records checkbox.
- Save changes. Shop status will change to Connected, determining that the connection is successful.
Importing and Updating Customers ↑ Back to top
To import customers from your Shopify store click on Import Customer in Shopify to Woo Migration tab and do not refresh until a successful completion message appears. After successful import customers data is available at:
WordPress Dashboard> Users > All Users > Customers
If data or information is changed or added to your Shopify store afterwards, click again on import customer and the data will be updated likewise on your WooCommerce store.
Importing and Updating Products ↑ Back to top
Click Import Product in Shopify to Woo Migration tab and wait for the process to complete. Products imported from Shopify are available in the Products section of WooCommerce store that can be identified easily as they have a unique number under Shopify Id column in the products tab.
Update products’ stock, variation, title, description, SKU, weight, categories, tags, and prices after importing all the products from Shopify just by clicking on Import product. Everything will sync according to your Shopify store.
Questions and Feedback ↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.