Smart Category for WooCommerce will help shop manager/ administrator pick the right product category while automatically suggesting the best matching product categories based on product title. Smart Category for WooCommerce will work the same way with WooCommerce Brands, by automatically suggesting the Brand if found within the product title.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
To set up your store with Smart Category for WooCommerce:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Smart Category
- You can override the “Title” (This will appear above Categories Suggestion). You can leave it empty to use automatically the default or write your own. The default title is “Smart Category Suggests”
- Select the number of Suggestions . This is how many Categories suggestions will surface. The default value is 5 categories but if you have many categories, 10 will work better .
- Check the option Enable Smart Category Feature
- Save changes and you are ready to use it
Usage ↑ Back to top
- Go inside a product on edit mode , or create a new product and start typing the product title
- You will notice a new light green box above categories with the suggested categories that matching based on the product title, as seen in the below screenshot