Aramex Shipping retrieves shipping rates from Aramex for your store, calculates costs for customer orders and enables you to collect the correct amount in checkout.
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce Account Dashboard.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded.
- Activate the extension.
More information at:.
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping.
- Select Aramex at the top of the screen, underneath the tabs.
- Configure the settings:
- Enable/Disable – Choose to enable the shipping method or not.
- Test Mode – Choose to place the shipping method into test mode, for testing with Aramex.
- Aramex Account Info
- Account Entity – Identification Code/Number for Transmitting Party. This code should be provided to you by Aramex.
- Account Number – The Customer’s Account number provided by Aramex when the contract is signed.
- Account Pin – A key that is given to account customers associated with the account number, so as to validate customer identity.
- Username – A unique user name sent to the customer upon registration with Aramex.
- Password – A unique password to verify the user name, sent to the client upon registration with Aramex.
- Debug Mode – Enable the debug mode or not. All API call requests and responses are output in a log file, linked from the settings screen.
- Add Aramex to the appropriate shipping zones
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping
- Edit the shipping zone(s) that you want to have Aramex Shipping Delivery
- Edit Aramex Shipping Delivery for additional settings
- Method Title – Name the shipping method. This is visible to customers.
- Aramex Product Type – Specify the product type to be sent to Aramex (read more about the different Aramex product types).The product types are:
Priority Document, Priority Parcel, Priority Letter, Deferred Document, Deferred Parcel, Ground Document, Ground Parcel.
- Origin Address – This is the address where you packages will be shipping from
- Pickup Details – These are the hours your business will be available for packages to be picked up
- Pickup Contact Person – Details of the person who should be contacted regarding package pickups
- Box Packing – Enable to specify the packaging sizes that you will be using for your Aramex shipments
The box packer included with this shipping method groups items into boxes that you define by height, width, length, weight and max-weight. The packing is mainly volume based but also considers item sizes.
Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Your Shipping Zone > Aramex Shipping Delivery > Box Packaging and select Add Box to set up box dimensions:
- Outer dimensions are used for parcel dimensions and are passed to the API.
- Inner dimensions are used for packing, and items should fit within these.
- Box weight is the weight of the actual box, and is added to the weight of contents.
- Max weight is the maximum weight your box can hold. This includes contents weight and box weight.
- Finds boxes that fit items being packed (uses H x W x D).
- Packs all fitting items into boxes (using volume).
- Uses the largest box that fits 100% of items *or* uses the highest % packed box, and then passes unpacked items back and repeats the process.
- Packs unpackable items alone, using item dimensions.
- Returns all packed boxes.
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with the developer via the Help Desk.