WooPay is a new express checkout solution by WooCommerce. WooPay saves your payment information so that you can quickly and securely purchase from any WooCommerce store that used WooCommerce Payments and has WooPay enabled.
NOTE: This document is intended for customers who would like to pay for orders using WooPay. If you are a merchant who would like to use WooPay on your site, please see our merchant documentation instead.
Signing up↑ Back to top
The first time you check out on a store that uses WooPay, you’ll see checkbox just above the Place Order button where you are prompted to save your information.
By checking the box and entering your mobile phone number, you can save your information securely in our WooPay system when you place your order.
After placing your order, you will receive a one-time welcome email from WooPay.
Using WooPay to check out↑ Back to top
The next time you check out on a store that has WooPay enabled, we’ll recognize your email address and automatically send a 6-digit verification code to your phone.
NOTE: You can also click the Send via Email link to receive a code in an email.
After entering the verification code, you’ll be sent to WooPay to check out.
Once you’ve placed the order, you’ll be sent back to the site for confirmation. WooPay will be shown in the payment method area.
If this is your first time placing an order with WooPay after signing up, you will also receive a separate email from WooPay asking you to verify your email address:
Simply click the Verify your email address button to complete the account setup.
Using the express checkout button↑ Back to top
If the merchant of the site you’re on has enabled it, you may see the WooPay express checkout button on individual product pages, on the cart page, on the checkout page itself, or some combination of those. You can use it to check out even faster!
Simply click the WooPay button and you will be presented with a popup asking you to log in. Once you’ve verified your phone number by entering the 6-digit code as usual, you’ll be sent to WooPay to check out.
The checkout page↑ Back to top
Unlike some other express checkout methods, WooPay uses its own hosted checkout interface. The checkout page has the following sections:
- Contact shows you the email address associated with your WooPay account. If you do not want to use your WooPay account to check out, click the three dots icon (⋮) and then click the Checkout as guest button to be taken back to the merchant’s checkout page.
- Ship to lets you choose the shipping address for your order. If you don’t want to have your order shipped to your default address, click Change to switch to a different shipping address, or click Add address to add a new one.
- Delivery shows you the various shipping options offered by the store you’re purchasing from.
- Pay with lets you choose the payment method you’d like to use for your order. If you don’t want to use your default payment method, clicking Change will let you switch to a different payment method, or click Add payment method to add a new card to your WooPay account.
- Summary shows you a list of the items in your order, as well as the order subtotal, shipping fees, and so on. Click Add a coupon to apply a discount code to your order.
- Click Place Order to complete your order via WooPay.
Managing your account↑ Back to top
You can manage your WooPay account on pay.woo.com/account. Once you’ve logged into the dashboard, you’ll be able to see the orders you’ve placed via WooPay, as well as add payment methods and addresses to your account.
To access our documentation or contact support, click the question mark icon in the header.
Account page↑ Back to top
On the Account page, you’ll see the following sections:
- Account Info shows you the name, email, and phone number on file with WooPay. You can also use the “Sign up for news and updates” checkbox to subscribe or unsubscribe from WooPay email updates. Click the three dots icon (⋮) to sign out.
- The Addresses section displays the addresses you’ve stored in WooPay. From here, you can add, edit, and delete addresses. You can also change which is set as your default.
- Payment methods shows you the cards you’ve added to WooPay. Similar to addresses, you can add and delete these as needed, as well as set one card as the default.
Orders page↑ Back to top
The Orders page shows a list of all the order you’ve placed using WooPay, even if those were placed on different stores. Click on an order to see the confirmation details for that order.
You can filter the orders list using the All Statuses and All Stores dropdowns, and also change the number of orders listed at once using the Orders per page dropdown at bottom.
Frequently asked questions↑ Back to top
We’ve collected some common questions that customers like you may have about WooPay and answered them below. Please contact support if your question is not covered here.
I have a question about an order I paid for with WooPay.↑ Back to top
For most questions related to orders paid for with WooPay, you should reach out directly to the merchant you ordered from. Even though you check out through WooPay, your order was still placed with the merchant themselves.
To find the merchant you ordered from, visit WooPay’s Orders page to see the orders you’ve placed with WooPay. Click on the order you have a question about, and that will take you to the merchant’s website. From there, you should be able to find a way to contact them.
Why don’t I don’t see the “Save your information” box during checkout?↑ Back to top
You will only see the “Save your information” box on the checkout page if you don’t already have a WooPay account. If you have an account already and enter your email into the form, we’ll automatically send you verification code you can use to sign in to WooPay.
What if I don’t want to check out with WooPay?↑ Back to top
If you’re on the WooPay checkout page but don’t want to use WooPay, you can either:
- In the Contact section, click the three dots icon (⋮) and then click Checkout as guest to be taken back to the merchant’s usual WooCommerce checkout page.
- Click the < Cart link at the top of the WooPay checkout page to go back to the Cart page.
How does WooPay handle subscription products?↑ Back to top
If you use WooPay to purchase a subscription product, WooPay is only involved in the initial order. After that, all renewal orders are handled by the merchant’s website, not by WooPay.
If you wish to cancel your subscription, change your payment method, or perform an early renewal, you will need to do so on the merchant’s site. Deleting the subscription payment method from WooPay will not cancel the subscription.
How do I log out of WooPay?↑ Back to top
If you’re on a WooPay checkout page and wish to log out, click the three dots icon (⋮) next to your email address and then click Checkout as guest to be taken back to the merchant’s usual WooCommerce checkout page.
If you’re on pay.woo.com/account and wish to log out, click the three dots icon (⋮) next to your name and email address, then click Sign out.
How can I update my phone number or email address?↑ Back to top
Contact support to request a change to your phone number or email address.
How do I stop receiving verification text messages?↑ Back to top
WooPay uses verification text messages as a way to securely verify your identity and keep your account safe. Receiving these messages is a requirement to continue to use the service.
If you wish to stop receiving text messages, you may contact support to request that your account be deleted.
How do I delete my WooPay account?↑ Back to top
Contact support to request that your account be deleted.