Installation↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin for the file you have downloaded.
- Click Install Now and Activate.
More information is available at Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration↑ Back to top
After activation of the Edit Order by Customer extension, the “Edit Order by Customer” menu will be displayed under WP Admin > WooCommerce. Click to view settings.
General Settings:↑ Back to top
Within the General Settings tab, the following options are available:
- Enable extension
- Enable edit order feature for specific order statuses only
- Enable edit order feature for specific user roles and customers
- Customize email text for admin when order is edited – the email will automatically include new order details
Edit Shipping and Billing Address:↑ Back to top
For specific order statuses, you can allow users to edit shipping and billing addresses. You have the option to make all or only selected fields editable.
Edit Products:↑ Back to top
Within the Product Settings tab, you can allow customers (with select user roles) to change products in an order. You can also specify the products that customers can edit in an order.
Edit Shipping and Payment Methods:↑ Back to top
For selected order statuses only, you can enable customers to edit the shipping and payment method. You can also allow customers to change only selected payment and shipping methods.
Please note: Once the order is edited, it will be automatically moved to on-hold status and an email will be sent to admin. The admin will need to manually change the status of the order back to pending payment or any other relevant status.