Installation ↑ Back to top
Theme Upload and Activation ↑ Back to top
- Go to your WooCommerce.com account Downloads page. Click the download icon to get a compressed nelly.zip file on your computer.
- On your website, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click Upload to upload the nelly.zip file you downloaded in step 1.
- Go to Appearance > Themes to Activate.
You can find more here.
WooCommerce Installation ↑ Back to top
Once the theme is activated, you’ll need to install WooCommerce. Check how to set it up here.
How to import the sample content ↑ Back to top
If you like what you see on our demo website, you can simply import the sample content. This means that an exact replica of our demo website will be imported into your WordPress installation. Now all you have to do is simply replace the content of these pages with your content.
Here’s how to do it:
1. In your WordPress dashboard, visit Plugins ->Add New.
2. Search for One Click Demo Import and Install the plugin.
3. Activate it.
First, you will need to download the Sample Content archive file for Nelly by clicking here. Extract the file like described here for MacOS and here for Windows PC. To import these files, use the One-Click Import free plugin.
After activating the plugin, navigate to Appearance->Import Demo Data.
Within the Import Demo Data section:
1. Add your demo.xml from your sample content archive.
2. Add your widgets.wie from your sample content archive.
3. Add the customizer.dat from your sample content archive.
4. Import the content
5. Navigate to the Appearance – Menus and select a menu to edit: Primary Menu and choose in Display Location: Primary Menu. After select a menu to edit: Social Menu and choose in Display Location: Social Menu
6. Navigate to the Settings – Readings and inside Your homepage displays, click on the “A Static Page” and choose Homepage: Home and Post page: Blog
Customization ↑ Back to top
All of the theme’s customization settings can be found under Appearance > Customize. This is where you go to upload a logo, change color or fonts.
Site Identity & Logo ↑ Back to top
Under Appearance > Customize > Site Identity, you can:
• Upload a logo
• Update the Site Title and the Tagline
• Upload a Site Icon
Colors ↑ Back to top
Here you can set the main color of your website. Colors can also be changed for each block/pattern on each page from within the page editor.
Menus ↑ Back to top
In the menus section, you can create or edit menus. To create your first menu, make sure to create at least a couple of pages.
Navigate to the Customize » Menus and click Create New Menu. You can name it however you like. In the theme demo, we named it “Primary Menu.”
To make this your main navigation menu, in Theme Locations, check the Primary Menu box and save it.
The social menu bar is built using a standard WordPress menu. Navigate to the Customize » Menus and create a new menu. You can name it however you like. In the theme demo, we named it “Social Menu.”
To make this your social menu, in Theme Locations, check the Secondary Menu box and save it.
To add socials to the social menu you first need to add Custom Links to the menu. Then inside the “URL” field, add your social page URL and in the “Link Text” field, add the name of the social platform, for example, “Facebook.” Once you add it to the menu, the social icon will automatically show up inside the socials bar. Once you are finished adding all your socials, click “Save Menu.”
Widgets ↑ Back to top
The Nelly theme comes with one widget area, the Footer area. It can be managed via Appearance > Widgets.
Pages ↑ Back to top
Creating pages like the front, about, contact, etc.
All page layouts in the Nelly theme are built using WordPress block editor. Nelly pre-built patterns are accessible with a click of a button from the block editor. You can find the patterns in the editor sidebar within the Nelly category. To add them to your page, simply drag and drop each pattern into the main editor window.
Once you have added a block pattern to your page, you can start replacing the sample text and images with your own.
Updating the theme ↑ Back to top
Once you connect your site and WooCommerce.com account, you will receive update notifications in your WordPress dashboard as soon as they’re made available allowing you to update the theme with one-click or set up automatic updates.
If you still need to manually update your theme, follow the details at Updating Your Theme.