- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Click Install Now
- Activate the extension.
- “Fixed amount” – adds a fixed fee to the total cart value. If you enter 10 into the “Value to add” box, the plugin adds $10 to the total amount. (Note that $ is an example, as fees are based on your selected currency). If the cart total is $200, the total amount with the fee is $210 ($200 + $10).
- “Add % to total amount” – adds a percentage-based fee to the total amount. If you enter 10 into the “Value to add” box, the plugin adds 10% of the cart total to the total amount. If the cart total is $200 the total amount is $220 ($200 + $20 ->10% of $200).
- “Include % in total amount” – the fee is calculated as a commission rate (you are paid the total amount of the order). If you enter 10 into the “Value to add” box, the plugin adds 10% of the cart total to the total amount and ensures that you receive $200 of the total amount including the fee. If the cart total is $200 the total is 222.22$. This option is useful if you pay a commission to your payment gateway provider.
Note: You can configure all options for each gateway and each gateway can have a different/separate configuration. All options on WooCommerce > Settings > Additional Fees will affect the entire cart/order.Go to: Products > Add Product. Under Product Data, click on the Additional Fees tab to configure fees for the current product. Enable the fees for each payment gateway you want to charge extra for. By default, additional product fees are disabled for a payment gateway, so you need to enable for each gateway and select what should be added automatically on the checkout page. You can use the payment gateway links/tabs at the top to switch between gateways: Product fees are applied in addition to the total cart/order fee. Options are similar to the cart/order fee options (see Configuration on cart/order level). The Output text is used as the fee/item description for the fee that is displayed underneath the product in the order item table. Maximum value options allow you to deactivate the product fee if the product price exceeds a certain amount (i.e., helpful if you do not want to charge a fee for some variations of a product that exceed a certain amount). This plugin offers some filters that allow you to customize it to your needs. With version 2.2.25 we introduced the filter ‘wc_add_fees_calculated_fee’. This filter is intended for experienced programmers to change the calculated fees (e.g. perform rounding the values due to legal regulations). After changing the value(s) you have to take care of correct tax calculation. If you have troubles using this filter the developer team can offer you customization on a freelancer base – feel free to contact us at support<at>inoplugs.com. No, this is not possible. It makes more sense to lower the cost or use a coupon. The Payment Gateway Based Fees extension is currently not compatible with the automated taxes service of the Jetpack plugin. Please select “Disable automated taxes” (Tax tab) on the WooCommerce settings page. We will support this feature as soon as third party developers can hook into the automated tax calculation of the Jetpack plugin. Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form. Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch the developer via the Help Desk.