Price Drop Notifier is a complete WooCommerce Plugin. Using this plugin, you can allow your users to subscribe to the price drop of the product and will be notified by email when the price of the product is reduced less than or equal to the subscribed price drop value.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the price-drop-notifier-for-woocommerce.zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
To set up the extension, go to WordPress Admin > Price Drop Notifier> Settings.
General ↑ Back to top
- If you want to display the price drop notification form on single product pages for logged-in users, enable the “Display Price Drop Notifier Form for Logged-In Users” checkbox.
- If you want to display the price drop notification form on single product pages for guest users, enable the “Display Price Drop Notifier Form for Guest Users” checkbox.
- By default, the products subscribed for price drop alerts will be visible in the user’s my account page. If you want to hide the subscribed products in the my account page, disable the “Display Subscribed Products on Logged-in User’s My Account Page” checkbox.
- By default, the price drop Subscription form will be visible even when the product is out of stock. If you want to hide the price drop subscription form when the product is out of stock, enable the “Hide Subscription Form if Product is currently Out-Of-Stock” checkbox.
Subscribe Form Restriction Settings ↑ Back to top
- By default, the price drop notifier form will be visible for all products. If you want to restrict the price drop notifier functionality to particular products/categories, you can do so by using the “Product Filter” option.
- By default, the price drop notifier form will be visible for All Users. If you want to restrict price drop notifier functionality to particular Users/User roles, you can do so by using the “User Filter” option.
Email ↑ Back to top
In this section, you can customize the email notifications sent for price drop notifier.
Advanced ↑ Back to top
In this section, you can customize the look and feel of the price drop subscription form and the subscribed products table in the my account page using the Custom CSS settings.
Messages ↑ Back to top
In this section, you can customize the messages which will be displayed while interacting with price drop notifier form.
Localization ↑ Back to top
In this section, the labels displayed for price drop notifier can be customized.
Usage ↑ Back to top
- The price drop subscription form will be visible in the single product page.
- Users can subscribe for a price drop alert by entering their expected price.
- Users can view the products subscribed for price drop notification from their my account page under the “Price Drop Subscribed Products” section.
- Site admin can review the submitted price drop alerts from the Price Drop Notifier > Price Drop Notifier section.
- When the product’s price drops below the expected price, the user will be notified by email.
Translation ↑ Back to top
Price Drop Notifier for WooCommerce is translation ready, meaning you can edit the po files by which you can translate the text to any language. Steps to perform the translation are as follows. For example, a translation to French.
- Download and install Poedit
- Open the file price-drop-notifier-for-woocommerce > languages > price-drop-notifier.pot using Poedit.
- Create a new translation file by clicking Create new translation button.
- Choose the Source text and set its corresponding French text in Translation Text Area.
- Save the changes.
- Save the file name as price-drop-notifier-for-woocommerce-fr_FR.po.
- If you are using WordPress Version 3.9.13 or below, then in wp-config.php define the WPLANG as French. Syntax is define(‘WPLANG’, ‘fr_FR’);
- If you are using WordPress Version 4.0 or above, then go to WordPress dashboard > Settings > General and select the Site Language as French.