Switching the WooPayments account that your site is connected to should be avoided if at all possible. This is for two important reasons:
- There’s no way to migrate your data from one account to another.
- It’s not possible to be connected to more than one account at a time.
Even if you could switch, doing so would have severe consequences. For example, records of transactions that occurred under the old account would go missing from your dashboard, so you would be unable to refund those transactions or respond to disputes.
If you need to change some information in your WooPayments account, see these pages:
- How to update your name or business name
- How to change your bank account information
- How to update your contact details
There is only one scenario in which migrating to a new WooPayments account is required: if your business moves from one country to another. If this applies to you, please contact our support staff for assistance with this process.