The Eway extension allows you to take payments directly on your store via the Eway Rapid 3.1 API without having customers leave your store.
Eway operates in Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, New Zealand, and Singapore.
Requirements↑ Back to top
- An Eway account – sign up for an Eway Account. Select your country from the top menu, and sign up or log in to your existing account
- SSL certificate – see SSL and HTTPS for how to get a free SSL certificate
- Currency must be set as AUD, NZD, SGD, HKD or MYR for your store and correspond to the country in which you signed up
- WooCommerce version 6.8 or higher
- WordPress version 5.6 or higher
- PHP version 7.2 or higher
Installation↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration↑ Back to top
To set up Eway on your WooCommerce store:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
Note: ‘Payments’ formerly called ‘Checkout’ prior to WooCommerce 3.4.
- Use the toggle under Enabled to select Eway.
- Select Set Up. You are taken to Eway settings.
- Configure your settings:
- Enable/Disable – Enable to use. Disable to turn off.
Title – Choose the title shown to customers during checkout.
Description – Add info shown to customers if they use Eway.
- Enable/Disable – Enable to use. Disable to turn off.
- Enter the Eway Customer API Key and Eway Customer Password from your MYEway account.
- Select or deselect the Allowed Card Types – Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AmEx, Diners, Maestro, UnionPay, JCB.
- Tick checkbox to Enable Saved Cards.
- Tick checkbox to Enable Eway Sandbox if you wish to test before going live. See Sandbox Mode below
- Debug Mode. Turn on for troubleshooting; otherwise leave Off.
- Save changes.
Once enabled the gateway and all credentials are entered correctly, the credit card form shows in checkout where users can enter credit card details and make payment.
Sandbox mode↑ Back to top
Sandbox mode, which can be enabled in your Eway settings in WooCommerce, is for testing only. Live transactions will not take place.
The success of card transactions in Sandbox mode is determined by the order total. For example, transactions ending with .00 e.g., $12.00 is correct. Please refer to the Eway documentation for more information.
Note: Sandbox mode requires a separate Sandbox account and a separate Sandbox API in your settings. Live credentials do not work with Sandbox, and Sandbox credentials do not work in live mode.
Usage↑ Back to top
Once Eway is enabled, the customer can use a Place Order button on the checkout page. If selected, they are redirected to the payment page, and customers can choose their credit card and enter credit card details to make payment.
Customers can manage saved credit cards (tokens) from My Account > Payment Methods in WordPress/WooCommerce.
Frequently Asked Questions↑ Back to top
How do I become PCI compliant?↑ Back to top
Per Eway’s documentation, merchants must complete a PCI DSS Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ). Since the WooCommerce Eway Gateway extension uses the Transparent Redirect API, SAQ A-EP is required.
Where do I find my Eway API Key?↑ Back to top
Eway has updated the API setup instructions. Please go to this link for the latest information: https://go.eway.io/s/article/How-do-I-setup-my-Live-Eway-API-Key-and-Password.
Eway Credit Card option not showing at checkout↑ Back to top
When in live mode, you need to have SSL enabled and your store must be using AUD, NZD, SGD, HKD or MYR as the store currency. You must also have valid API keys for the mode you are using (Sandbox credentials for Sandbox mode; and live credentials for live mode).
Where can I find a list of error codes and their meanings?↑ Back to top
A list of error codes can be found inside the Eway Rapid 3.1 Documentation. Download the Eway Rapid 3.1 Documentation
I am getting a V6018 error code at checkout↑ Back to top
When using Eway, the store currency must match the Eway location you are using. For example, if you’re using Eway Australia you need to have your store currency set to AUD.
Is 3D Secure supported?↑ Back to top
Yes, it is, as of version 3.0 of the plugin.
Failed to process your transaction, error code: SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL↑ Back to top
If you get an error that says:
Failed to process your transaction, error code: SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from 'https://api.sandbox.ewaypayments.com/soap.asmx?WSDL'; : failed to load external entity "https://api.sandbox.ewaypayments.com/soap.asmx?WSDL"
Check that you’re using the correct API key and that the correct password has been entered. If you’re using sandbox mode, be sure to use the API key and password from your Eway Partner Account sandbox account.
How do my subscribers update their card information associated with their subscriptions?↑ Back to top
By following the Change payment method process in their My account section. Alternatively, you could grab and share with them the link to the Customer change payment method page from the Edit subscription screen so they can follow the similar process to change their payment method. The customers will need to be logged into their account to complete these steps.
Questions and Feedback↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with a Happiness Engineer via the Help Desk.