- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin. Choose File (for the file you have downloaded in step 1).
- Install Now and Activate Plugin.
More information at Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
After activation of the Product Stock Manager extension, the “Stock Manager” menu will be visible under the WooCommerce navigation menu. Click to access extension settings.
From within the Stock Manager general settings tab, you can customize the following extension options:
- Set overstock value
- Select in-stock color
- Select out-of-stock color
- Select backorder color
- Select low stock color
The low stock count will default to the “Low stock threshold” under WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Inventory.
The Dashboard tab provides an overview of your current stock quantity including the associated revenue value along with a list of out of stock, low stock and overstocked products. The extension also calculates lost revenue based on previous sales history.
Within the Manage Stock tab, you can access your product list and manage the product stock. In addition to stock quantity, you also have the option to adjust the following items:
- Stock status and backorder option
- Product name, SKU
- Tax status and tax class
- Shipping class and weight
- Regular price and sale price
The following filters and sorting options are available in order to find the relevant products and adjust their stock properties accordingly.
- Filter by
- Stock range (min/max)
- Product type (simple, variable, grouped)
- Stock status (in stock, out of stock, backorder)
- Manage/Unmanaged stock
- Search by product name and SKU
- Sort by
- Stock quantity
The extension maintains a log of stock changes. Stock changes made via CSV import or within the Manage Stock list view will be recorded by product in the log. Click on “History” to view all stock revisions along with the time and date stamp.
The import feature allows you to make stock adjustments in bulk as well as export all of your stock data. Additionally, you can adjust the following items:
- In stock? (Manage stock – yes/no)
- Backorders allowed? (yes/no/notify)
- Stock quantity
- Sale price
- Regular price
- stock_status (in stock / out of stock status
- Shipping class
- Tax class
- Tax status
The CSV file must be formatted with the specified columns: