Review Reminder for WooCommerce allows you to send review reminder emails for products purchased on your WooCommerce shop.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin > Choose File (for the file that was downloaded).
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
General ↑ Back to top
- If you want to send a review reminder email to your users, enable the “Send Review Reminder Emails to Users” checkbox.
- By default, review reminder emails will be sent once the order reaches “Completed”. If you want to customize the order status for sending the emails, you can do so by selecting a different status in the “Order Status to Send Review Reminder Emails” option. If multiple order statuses are selected, the email will be sent once the order reaches the first status in the “Send Review Reminder Emails to Users” option.
- By default, review reminder emails will be sent 1 day after the order reaches completed or after reaching the status specified in the “Order Status to Send Review Reminder Emails” option. If you want to customize the time to send the review reminder email, you can do so by customizing the “Send Review Reminder Emails to Users” option.
- By default, review reminder emails will be sent for all the orders placed on the site. If you want to obtain consent from the user before sending the email, enable the “Obtain Consent from User Before Sending Review Reminder Emails” checkbox. Once the checkbox is enabled, the user can opt-out from receiving a review reminder email for the current order from the checkout page.
- By Default, review reminder emails will be sent for all the products on the site. If you want to restrict the review reminders to specific products/categories, you can do so by customizing the “Product Filter” option.
- By Default, review reminder emails will be sent to all the users on the site. If you want to restrict the review reminders to specific users/user roles, you can do so by customizing the “User Filter” option.
- By default, review reminder emails will be sent for guest users. If you want to prevent review reminder emails for guest users, disable the “Send Review Reminder Emails for Guest Users” options.
Advanced ↑ Back to top
- You can use the Custom CSS field to customize the look and feel of the email opt-out field on the checkout page.
- The email schedule cron information will be visible in the “Cron Information” section.
Email ↑ Back to top
- In the Email Type option, you can choose between WooCommerce Template and HTML Template.
- You can customize the following email fields:
– From Name
– From Email
– From Address
– Email Subject
– Email Content
Email Shortcode Settings
- By default when user clicks the Review Product link provided in the email, they will be redirected to the review section on the product page. Alternatively, if you want the users to be redirected to the product page, select “Product Page” in the “Redirect Link Destination” option.
- When the user clicks the unsubscribe link, they will be redirected to a separate page where they will have to enter their email id and unsubscribe. This page will be automatically created and assigned upon installation. If you want to set the unsubscribe form on a different page, place the “[rer_unsubscribe]” shortcode on the page you want the unsubscribe form to be displayed and select the page in the “Unsubscribe URL” option.
- Once the user unsubscribes, their email id will be added to the “Blacklisted Emails” in the “Blacklist” section.
BlackList ↑ Back to top
If you want to prevent certain email ids from receiving emails, enter the email ids in the “Email Blacklist” field in the Blacklist section.
Localization ↑ Back to top
You can customize the labels displayed to the user in this section.
Messages ↑ Back to top
You can customize the labels displayed to users in this section.
Usage ↑ Back to top
Sending Review Reminders to Users ↑ Back to top
- When the plugin is installed, activated, and configured, the plugin will start scheduling review reminder emails once the newly placed order reaches the status specified in the admin option.
- The scheduled emails can be viewed from Review Reminder > Review Reminders.
- The email will be automatically sent to the users based on the scheduled time.
- If the admin wishes to send the email before the scheduled time, they can manually send the email by clicking the “Send Manually” button. Once the email is manually sent, the automatic schedule for sending the email will be cancelled.
Manual emails can only be sent before the scheduled time. Once the time is reached, an automatic review reminder email will be sent.
- Site Admin can also optionally cancel the scheduled email.
Users Reviewing Products through Review Reminder Emails ↑ Back to top
- The user receives the review reminder email.
- The email will include links to all the products which are eligible for review from that order.
- The user can review the products by clicking the links provided in the email.
If the product purchased in the order has already been reviewed by the user, then that product will not be included in the review reminder email.
Reports ↑ Back to top
Within this section, you can get insights on the following details:
- Total no. of Review Reminder Emails Sent
- Total no. of Users who Received Review Reminder Emails
- Total no. of Products in Review Reminder Emails
- Total no. of products reviewed using Review Reminder Email
Translation ↑ Back to top
Review Reminder for WooCommerce is translation ready meaning you can edit the po files by which you can translate the text to any language.
The steps to do the translation are as follows. For example, if we were to translate to French:
- Download and install Poedit
- Open the file review-reminder-for-woocommerce > languages > review-reminder-for-woocommerce.pot using Poedit.
- Create a new translation file by clicking Create new translation button.
- Choose the Source text and set its corresponding French text in Translation Text Area.
- Save the changes.
- Save the file name as review-reminder-for-woocommerce-fr_FR.po.
- If you are using WordPress Version 3.9.13 or below, then in wp-config.php define the WPLANG as French. Syntax is define(‘WPLANG’, ‘fr_FR’);
- If you are using WordPress Version 4.0 or above, then go to WordPress dashboard > Settings > General and select the Site Language as French.