Sell Individually for WooCommerce allows you to restrict customer orders to one product per order in your WooCommerce Shop.
Installation↑ Back to top
- Download the sell-individually-for-woocommerce.zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin. Select Choose File for the file you downloaded.
- Install Now and Activate Plugin.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration↑ Back to top
Configure Sell Individually for WooCommerce by navigating to extension settings: WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Sell Individually.
- To enable plugin functionality, select the Enable Sell Individually checkbox.
- By default, when Sell Individually functionality is enabled, the Don’t Add the Current Product to Cart function is automatically applied and the user will not be able to add a second product to the cart. If you want to instead remove the existing product from the cart and replace with the new product, select the Remove Existing Product and add Current Product option.
- You can customize the error message displayed to the user in the Cart Contains Sell Individually Product Error Message field.
- By default, Sell Individually behavior will be applied to all products. If you want to restrict the behavior to specific products/categories, you can do so by customizing the Sell Individually Restriction Applicable for option.
- By default, Sell Individually behavior will be applied for all users. If you want to restrict the behavior to specific users/user roles, you can do so by customizing the Sell Individually Restriction Applicable for option.
Usage↑ Back to top
Error Message↑ Back to top
When a user has a product in the cart and tries to add another product to the cart, an error message will be displayed stating that only one product can be purchased in an order.
Removing the Existing Product and adding the New Product to Cart↑ Back to top
When a user has a product in the cart and tries to add another product to the cart, the existing product in the cart will be removed and the new product will be added to the cart.
Translation↑ Back to top
Sell Individually for WooCommerce is translation ready meaning you can edit the po files by which you can translate the text to any language.
The steps to do the translation are as follows. For example, to translate to French:
- Download and install Poedit
- Open the file sell-individually-for-woocommerce > languages > sell-individually-for-woocommerce.pot using Poedit.
- Create a new translation file by clicking Create new translation button.
- Choose the Source text and set its corresponding French text in Translation Text Area.
- Save the changes.
- Save the file name as sell-individually-for-woocommerce-fr_FR.po.
- Then go to WordPress dashboard > Settings > General and select the Site Language as French.
Questions and Feedback↑ Back to top
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with us via the Help Desk.