Checkout Enhancer for WooCommerce enhances your user’s checkout experience and increases your conversion rate by adding intuitive features to the core WooCommerce checkout.
Installation↑ Back to top
- Download the checkout-enhancer-for-woocommerce.zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin.
- Choose File and select the file you downloaded in step 1.
- Install Now and Activate Plugin.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration↑ Back to top
Plugins settings are available within WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout Enhancer.
General Settings↑ Back to top
Select Enable Checkout Enhancer to enable plugin functionality.
Under the Checkout Page Customizer, click Customize to configure Checkout page options.
Templates – Choose from 3 templates options.
Cart Summary – By default, the cart items on the checkout page displays with a link to the product page. Within this section, choose whether to display text or link.
Cart Editing – This option allows you to enable or disable cart modifications on the checkout page.
Coupons & Order Notes – The Coupon Field Display Type option allows you to customize the appearance of the Coupon field on the checkout page.
Additionally, order notes display on the checkout page by default. The Order Notes Field allows you to hide or display the field.
Address Completion & Validation – Option to enable Google Address Auto-Complete for your users to easily enter their addresses and validate incorrect addresses.
User Matching – By default, when a guest user enters an already registered email address, a notice displays stating the account already exists. Enable this option to assign orders placed by guest users to their account if they have one.
Shipping – Option to hide the shipping method selection step if there is only one shipping method available on the site.
Order Review – By default, users can review their orders before placing it. This options allows you to turn off order review.
Thank You Page -The default “Thank You” template displays on the order page after an order is placed. You can choose to disable the default template and use the Theme’s Thank You page template instead.
Pay for Order – The default “Pay for Order” template displays to the user after an order is placed . You can optionally disable and use the theme’s “Pay for Order” Template.
Translation↑ Back to top
Checkout Enhancer for WooCommerce is translation ready, meaning you can edit the po files and translate the text to any language. Steps to perform the translation are as follows. For example, a translation to French.
- Download and install Poedit
- Open the file checkout-enhancer-for-woocommerce > languages > checkout-enhancer-for-woocommerce.pot using Poedit.
- Create a new translation file by clicking Create new translation button.
- Choose the Source text and set its corresponding French text in Translation Text Area.
- Save the changes.
- Save the file name as checkout-enhancer-for-woocommerce-fr_FR.po.
- Then go to WordPress dashboard > Settings > General and select the Site Language as French.