1. Download the mystery-gift-box-for-woocommerce.zip file from your WooCommerce account.
2. Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
3. Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
- To allow customer to purchase mystery gift box products, go to Mystery Gift Box > Settings > General and select Enable Mystery Gift Box option.
- To allow customer to purchase mystery gift box products along with other products on the same transaction/order, enable Allow Mystery Gift Box Purchase with Other Products option.
- Once the customer completes a mystery box purchase with successful payment, a new WooCommerce order will be generated for processing the gift products. Select the default order status of this order in the Default Order Status of Gift Product Order when Generated option.
- You can hide specific payment methods if the customer has added mystery box product to the cart. The selected payment gateways in Payment Methods to be Hidden for Mystery Gift Box Purchase option will be hidden in checkout page.
- In single product page, you can show the price range of the list of gift products which the customer may get on purchasing the mystery box. Select Show in Gift Products Price Range Message option. You can customize this message in Mystery Gift Box > Settings > Messages > Single Product Page Message Customization option.
- To show the list of available gift products in single product page, select Show in List of Gift Products option.
- If you want to restrict customers from purchasing the mystery box product, then in Show Mystery Gift Products for option, select the users/user roles to restrict as per your needs.
- To allow Guest users to purchase mystery box products, then enable Allow Guest Users to Purchase Mystery Gift Box Products option.
- By default, customers can purchase a mystery gift box product any number of times. If you want to limit the customer from purchasing a mystery box product, then select Limited in Mystery Box Purchase Per Product Per Customer option and set the limit in Mystery Gift Box Purchase Per Product Limit Per Customer option.
- To create a mystery gift box product, go to Products > Add New and set the Product Type as Mystery Gift Box.
- Configure the product details as per your requirement(Price, Inventory, Shipping, etc).
- Then, go to the Mystery Gift Box section.
- In the Product Selection Method option, select the algorithm used for selecting the Gift product. The workflow of each Algorithm is as follows,
- In the Number of products to be gifted for one mystery box purchase option, set how many products you want to gift the customer for purchasing the mystery box.
- In the List of Gift Products, click Add New button to add a gift product. Search for the product which you want to give as a gift product. You can add any number of gift products.
- Publish the product.
- Once the mystery gift box has been configured, the product will be ready for purchase.
- On the single product page, the list of gift products in the mystery gift box along with the price range will be displayed.
- An email will be sent to the user once the purchase is completed. This email will have information about the gift product which the customer will be receiving.
- The Mystery Gift Box Purchases made by the user will be listed in the “Mystery Box Purchases” section on the My Account page.
- The Mystery Gift Box purchases will be displayed in a table for the admin to process the orders.
- Download and install Poedit
- Open the file mystery-gift-box-for-woocommerce > languages > mystery-gift-box-for-woocommerce.pot using Poedit.
- Create a new translation file by clicking Create new translation button.
- Choose the Source text and set its corresponding French text in Translation Text Area.
- Save the changes.
- Save the file name as mystery-gift-box-for-woocommerce-fr_FR.po.
- Then go to WordPress dashboard > Settings > General and select the Site Language as French.