Overview ↑ Back to top
With Buy Once or Subscribe for WooCommerce Subscriptions, you can:
- Turn stand-alone products turn into subscription packages – increase your store’s recurring revenue by turning all your simple and / or variable products into subscription packages
- Offer discounts for subscribing – offer discounts to entice customers to subscribe rather than to buy once
- Configure different subscription frequencies – allowing customers to easily select how often they want the product.
- Configure subscription discounts based on subscription frequency – the more frequent the subscription, the more money for you as the shop owner!
- Simplify your SKU management – offer a single SKU as both a one-time purchase as well as a subscription.
Compatibility ↑ Back to top
Buy Once or Subscribe for WooCommerce Subscriptions has been tested to work with the following extensions which are officially supported:
Self-service Dashboard for WooCommerce Subscriptions – when you use BOSWS with this plugin, you let your customers edit their subscriptions by themselves, without the need to open a ticket with you.
Requirements ↑ Back to top
Buy Once or Subscribe for WooCommerce Subscriptions requires:
- WooCommerce Subscriptions 2.4.7+.
- WooCommerce 3.5+.
- Buy Once or Subscribe for WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin only supports HTTPs websites and will not work on HTTP websites.
Installation ↑ Back to top
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and select Choose File for the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Install Now and Activate Plugin.
More information at Install and Activate Plugins/Extensions.
Setup and Configuration ↑ Back to top
To allow your customers to subscribe to any Simple or Variable product on the shop, category, or product pages:
- Add a new Simple or Variable WooCommerce Product or you can also edit an existing one.
- Go to Product Data > Subscriptions.
- Enter a Title for your Call To Action, e.g. “Choose Your Monthly Package”. This is optional and if you leave this blank, the default text “Choose Frequency” will be used.
- Click Add Frequency to add a subscription plan.
- Choose the frequency. You can combine every, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th with day, week, month or year.
- Optionally, add a Discount %, e.g. 10 (without the % symbol).
- You can add another frequency with a custom discount (optional).
- When you are done adding all the frequencies, Publish or Update the product to see the changes live.
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Limitations ↑ Back to top
Recurring Product Coupon Discounts are not supported. ↑ Back to top
If you want to add a coupon for a recurring discount for all the renewals, this is not supported by our extension. However, you can use one-time coupons that would only be applied for the first order when a subscription is initially set up.
Sign-Up Fees ↑ Back to top
New subscription plans generated with Buy Once or Subscribe for WooCommerce Subscriptions do not support sign-up fees. Please let us know if this is something you need and we’ll look into it.
Adding prorated products/carts to subscriptions ↑ Back to top
Feedback and Suggestions ↑ Back to top
If you’d like to add a feature to Buy Once or Subscribe for WooCommerce Subscriptions that you think would be useful, we’d love to hear about it!
Please send your suggestion to our support team and we’ll consider adding it in the future.
Questions & Support
Purchased Buy Once or Subscribe for WooCommerce Subscriptions and need assistance? If you’ve found an issue:
- Ensure you have the latest versions of WordPress, WooCommerce and WooCommerce Subscriptions.
- Go to WooCommerce > System Status to check for plugin updates and other important information that may require your attention.
- Rule out a plugin conflict: Turn off all plugins except WooCommerce, WooCommerce Subscriptions and Buy Once or Subscribe for WooCommerce Subscriptions. If the issue is resolved, find the plugin that triggers the issue by re-activating plugins one by one.
- Rule out a theme conflict. Activate Storefront, or a default WordPress theme such as Twenty Fourteen and check if the issue still occurs. If it doesn’t, please contact your theme author(s).
- Read the most Frequently Asked Questions.
- Read these important notes on Compatibility.
- Use the WooCommerce Self Service Guide.
If you followed these steps but the issue persists, get in touch with us via the Help Desk!